Cade Povich 2024

Pickles

1 hour ago, theobird said:

Cade Povich is the real deal. And yes, I think he should be our long man out of the pen in the post season. 

I agree. I would like to see him used for multiple innings in a game that we are hopefully winning. If he is getting guys out, leave him in! Why use multiple guys and increase the chances of a guy coming in and not having it...think Dominguez. 

1 hour ago, DirtyBird said:

Under what scenario would he be left off the wild card roster? 
I don’t see one. It would require Bowman and Baker both over him, which would be insane.

Would require one of those two if they use a 9 man pen If it’s a 10 man pen then he sticks and one of those two goes you’re right it insane to have those two on WC roster

I had a feeling that Povich would have a big start against his former organization that traded him. Also, to knock them out. 

I think I saw his ERA finished at 5.21. That’s not bad. I don’t think he had a “protected” ERA either. We let him take some beatings to eat innings some games. 

Losing Burnes will suck, but we have Eflin and Grayson has our TOR arms. Kremer and Suarez are #3.5 types. Povich is a #4.5 type. McDermott is our #6 SP for next season. 

As we learned this year, we probably need 8-9 SP options. I don’t know who else in the minors could step up as depth, but we’ll still have Bradish and Means as August/September hopefuls. We’ll just have to see what the new ownership does in their first FA. 

2 hours ago, Jagwar said:

Povich and Suarez both need to be in the bullpen for this opening series. After last year's playoff debacle, it's important to have a plan B that can go multiple innings. 

I,m becoming a fan of that two, but would not be available for game one. Also have to factor potential for longer extra inning games. No ghost after the 9th.