Wednesday 6/12 vs Atlanta

86this

2 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

The last big free agents I remember the Orioles getting was Miguel Tejada, who was in the middle of the steroid era and not a good clubhouse influence. They also signed Javy Lopez from the Braves and then later there was Nelson Cruz and Mark Trumbo, if we can count them.

I think Adam Jones is the only noteworthy player who received an extension and was good for it, until he wasn't. The Chris Davis contract was an absolute disaster given to a guy with unusual statistial outliers in his career sample size when he received it. (It was very unwise to give him that.) 

They also tried to sign Ubaldo Jimenez which was dumb. Another 1 year wonder guy given a big contract.

I don't think you spend just for spending sake. You need to make sure what your spending on is not a outlier compared to their career sample size. Be smart with the money. Don't waste it over over spend.

With that said, I think Corbin Burnes has been very consistently good in his career, and I fully support resigning players like him. 

The Jones contract was a fantastic investment.