Friday 6/14 vs Philadelphia

Morgan423

I was surprised Hays didn't get that one, he look like he was there.  It's just another jab that Webb got the 1st batter out and you're thinking, maybe just maybe we can get out of this inning without allowing the ghost runner in.  Mix in all the missed opportunities and the Bradish injury foremost.  Just an awful end of a game.

I know that some of you think our pen is strong enough to succeed against playoff caliber teams round after round, I hope tonight was a little reality check.

If you can't see the difference in quality of arms from what they pulled out of their pen and what we did, I'm not sure what you were looking at. We are just as good if not better in every other facet of the game. But the talent gap with the two teams pens is palpable. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, justD said:

Get home safe! 

Already home, thank you genuinely for your well wishes. ☺️ Saw a pretty lightning show on the drive home to Pasadena. We flew by the I-95 North exit with a bunch of people queued to go north... probably the Phils fans who decided to leave early. I hope they're kicking themselves for not staying to watch the Phils win.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

This is their sixth best reliever and he's painting the corner at 98. The Orioles got one hit off of the Philly bullpen, and it was the Santander home run. It's just night and day.

Then why does the Phils pen have a worse ERA than the Orioles?

Just now, Bemorewins said:

I know that some of you think our pen is strong enough to succeed against playoff caliber teams round after round, I hope tonight was a little reality check.

If you can't see the difference in quality of arms from what they pulled out of their pen and what we did, I'm not sure what you were looking at. We are just as good if not better in every other facet of the game. But the talent gap with the two teams pens is palpable. 

Down Felix and traded away Hall.  You can't just get Kimbrel and go with that.  Were lucky they are doing as well as they have given they are outperforming their peripherals.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bemorewins said:

Let’s take one game and over analyze it. Nobody is saying the Orioles shouldn’t improve their pen. 

2 minutes ago, Pat Kelly said:

Phillies just better than Os right now.  Better BP with strikeout pitchers and better hitting when it matters.  Os show their eagerness, youth.  Wouldn’t hurt to add another RH vet power bet and need two more BP arms.

Don't agree at all about the hitting. Our hitting is better. But our hitters had to face elite bullpen guys with electric stuff. And they got to face Perez and Webb. Perez and Webb may not even make the Phillies pen.

5 minutes ago, O's84 said:

I was surprised Hays didn't get that one, he look like he was there.  It's just another jab that Webb got the 1st batter out and you're thinking, maybe just maybe we can get out of this inning without allowing the ghost runner in.  Mix in all the missed opportunities and the Bradish injury foremost.  Just an awful end of a game.

He doesn’t go back on balls as well as he comes in. Cowser is much better. Hays has slowed.