Tuesday 6/18 @ NYY

Morgan423

Why pull Akin? 

Meanwhile, this game is really a function of our starter having a bad day. The defense has been really good on both sides, and their pitcher was better than ours.

Oh well…

By the way, this goes back to a recent chat about which game of the three you would prefer to lose in a three game match if you know the series  is going to be 2-1.

I would much rather lose the first one. Let the other team get overconfident, sneer at us, make hurtful comments, and then watch us come smashing back and blast them in the second two games.

Ha!

• Upvote 1

Just now, clapdiddy said:

Would rather it had been Soto...only because he's a jerk.  Judge is a good dude.

I think Judge is a good dude. Soto is alright, I don’t think he’s much of a jerk just flashy and a little cocky. 

Judge is overall good for baseball. Sucks that he’s in our division but he’s a credit to the game. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Yep Markakakis. 

I don't know if many individuals are still around from then but I remember that too.

Francoeur just said interim manager Brad Ausmus got a pregame question about why was Ben Rice the call-up, and the best Ausmus could do was "I wasn't privy to those conversations".