Thursday 6/20 vs. New York

86this

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, baltfan said:

Red Sox low key worry me a bit. They play tough and are athletic. 

Eh, so are we. We're a better team and it's not particularly close, we see it every time we play them. Fear no one.

9 minutes ago, WestCoastBmore said:

Holding up runners at third who easily could've scored is probably more humiliating than just letting them score 😂

It reminded me of a rule we had for kickball in elementary school where the runners could only move up by one base at a time to control the amount of runs scored.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Red Sox low key worry me a bit. They play tough and are athletic. 

If they can 10 games, catch us, pass us, they deserve it. After all, it will mean, they have sold their souls to Satan.

7 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

The advent of so called "reality shows" and social media streamers has convinced me that people will watch/participate in anything. All you gotta do is make it.

The Munsters have been a thing....twice.

This is not something new.

28 minutes ago, 86this said:

I suspect Kjerstad is joining the team in Houston and Maton goes back to AAA tomorrow?

Interesting did you hear this from somewhere? If Kjerstad is back then give him regular at bats instead of letting him sit on the bench as a spectator. 

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Interesting did you hear this from somewhere? If Kjerstad is back then give him regular at bats instead of letting him sit on the bench as a spectator. 

No, he's not in the lineup for the Tides tonight.  Westy was back in the lineup today so Maton is a bit redundant for tomorrow.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• McDermott certainly is just about unhittable when he's on his game.  This one's right up there with his 6.2 inning no hitter in early May.  He's coming up on a full year in AAA (promoted for a July 15 start last year).   At this point I'd say he's in play to help the major league team if needed.   He's still not a finished product, but he could compete in the majors IMO.
    • Players I would trade, ie I would value the potential return more than the player:  Cowser, Norby, Stowers, Beavers, Fabian, Liranzo, Cook, Willems Players I would trade for bags of balls (but unlikely to bring anything back): Urias, Hays, Akin Players I would not trade, ie I value them more than any package we would likely receive: Gunnar, Adley, Burnes, Grayson, Bradish, Felix, Holliday, Mayo, Basallo, Povich, McDermott, Etzel Everyone else I would consider trading but would have to be for the right return which means they are unlikely trade candidates. In my ideal world, we would get a reliever for Beavers and Cook, and a starter for Norby and Stowers.
    • I don’t think Baseball Savant is the best measure of first base defense. It only considers plays where first baseman is the first player to touch ball and doesn’t consider receiving throws at all.  For this reason, I think DRS is better for first base.
    • Elias isn’t doing anything close to that for 2 years of control 
    • It depends on the guy and the situation.   Mayo spent from June 30, 2022 to July 9, 2023 on the Baysox and from July 14, 2023 to now on the Tides.    Basically, a full year at each stop.  Westburg had 158 games at Norfolk.    Now I am going to say this for maybe the 25th time: I don't care how ready Basallo's bat becomes, he won't be promoted to the majors until (1) the O's decide he's ready defensively, or (2) they decide he isn't going to be a catcher.    They are NOT going to call him up to play half-assed catcher defense, not even if he's only catching 25% of the time.   They. Will. Not. Do. It.   And if that means he spends an extra half-season or even full-season in the minors after his bat is 100% ready to go, that's what they're going to do.   
    • well    Prospects with Enormous upside. Getz will probably ask for 2 of 3 …Holiday, Basallo and or Mayo, Plus more   https://www.lafbnetwork.com/los-angeles-dodgers-rumors-garrett-crochet-trade-offer/
    • I actually don’t think Elias is anywhere near that rigid in principle. However, he is very disciplined in wanting the value exchange to be even. He’ll maybe stretch a little but not much.  Practically, that limits the possibility for blockbuster trades. 
  • Popular Contributors