Jim Bowden?  Nice to hear but does anyone put any stock into what he says.   

Honeycutt may very well be a dead pull hitter but Bowden is the first I’ve read saying it and, curiously, a few of his highlights are oppo homers.

• Like 1

Not that you can’t get talent later in the draft but it’s few and far between.

So, this draft likely comes down to 2 things:

1) Can you develop Honeycutt?

2) Becht vs O’Farrell. (If you prefer a different player to Becht, insert name there)

25 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

I understand that crazy things can happen after the first 10 rounds, but the idea of going under slot so you can take an upside arm later still doesn’t sit right with me. We end up spending millions on round 2-4 players with mid profiles while we skip pitching that typically has better profiles than the over slot guys we get later.

I really don’t like where I stand on this because I hate to disagree with the smartest front office the Orioles have had in 40 years. But I do.

That’s why he’s the smartest guy in the room, right?  Did you see ME talking to Honeycutt, had food in his mouth and grinning from ear to ear when handed the phone?  He felt they got a steal for sure.

17 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Honeycutt may very well be a dead pull hitter but Bowden is the first I’ve read saying it and, curiously, a few of his highlights are oppo homers.

I watched a clip of Honeycutt saying his approach to hitting fastballs is to go Center-Right field and then to pull breaking pitches.  Not sure how the results align with the approach.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Hazmat said:

I watched a clip of Honeycutt saying his approach to hitting fastballs is to go Center-Right field and then to pull breaking pitches.  Not sure how the results align with the approach.

Pretty much what the Orioles teach/prefer.   Maybe everyone teaches it.

29 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

He is a little better at evaluations than proposed trades, but I generally agree. 

Ryan Prager looks interesting.  Perhaps a lefty version of Bradish with the exaggerated over the top delivery but with less velocity.  Maybe the O's can work with him like they did with Bradish to maximize his potential.

24 minutes ago, Hazmat said:

Ryan Prager looks interesting.  Perhaps a lefty version of Bradish with the exaggerated over the top delivery but with less velocity.  Maybe the O's can work with him like they did with Bradish to maximize his potential.

He's gone to Arizona

I found this an interesting read. They talked about Yesevage and his 22" vert on his 4S, but it won't be that in the MLB due to the difference in the balls. Just an interesting read, not the Bible, obviously.