As poorly as we played...when he Yankees lose tonight....

Roy Firestone

4 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Cole had a velocity drop in the 2nd inning.  Almost never good.

5 hours ago, Malike said:

His fastball last night lost a ton of velocity from 95 to 91.

There was an ESPN article on his start where Cole said the drop in velocity was intentional. That he "dialed back the velocity after issuing three walks and throwing 28 pitches as the Mets jumped out to a 1-0 lead."

I don't buy it. 

• Upvote 2

We played poorly?  Nah, we won. The previous 5 games were just a rough turn through considering the Yankees, Astros, and Clev, are the other three best teams in the MLB. 

Notice how during our 5 game losing streak that nobody mentioned closer or Mason Miller?  That goes to show you that a closer doesn’t matter if there is no lead to protect.  

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, RavensNOsGuy said:

On a 11 day vacation to California. Hitting up the Cubs - Giants game tomorrow in San Fran before heading down the coast to LA. Will feel better about wearing my O’s stuff now without a losing streak. Anyone ever been to the stadium here?

You HAVE to sit in the upper deck to enjoy the views of the water and truly appreciate one of the best parks in baseball and yes bring a hoodie etc

There are tickets first few rows behind home plate in the upper deck going for cheap on vivid seats. If you’ve already bought tickets in the lower level or club level, go sit in the uppers for a few innings. 

Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, throttleplate said:

I lived in San Fran for 5 years, went to many Giants games at the new park. Bring a winter jacket or a warm blanket as it gets very cold out at night at the stadium. Summer in San Fran doesnt start untill sept- november.

Fall weather for the Giants and Summer weather for the 49ers . I’m still trying wrap my head around that , smh 

The Yankees have more problems than just pitching. We DO need pitching help. Going to be a fun script to follow the rest of the way. Tis sweet when the Orioles win and Yankees lose. Don't like or root for injuries but do love to see the Yankees struggle and their follower's cry. Losing two to the Mets behind their two supposed top guns has got to sting. All teams have to navigate many issues to get through 162. We are halfway there.

A recent article at PA asks which infield position is a more urgent need, though 1B, 2B and 3B are all urgent.

We need to do something, and no mistake, but it seems the Yankees have greater needs. In their favor is that their needs are probably more easily filled, unless their pitching falls apart, too.

Fun times ahead!