Kjerstad and Mayo.......

vab

23 minutes ago, vab said:

Yeah its a lot but could you imagine next year Bautista in the 8th and Miller in the 9th or Miller in the 8th and Bautista in the 9th? I don't think that kind of back-end dominance has ever been seen. 

9 minutes ago, Malike said:

Wetteland and Rivera.

Jorge Julio and Buddy Groom.

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s
  • Haha 3

33 minutes ago, vab said:

Yeah its a lot but could you imagine next year Bautista in the 8th and Miller in the 9th or Miller in the 8th and Bautista in the 9th? I don't think that kind of back-end dominance has ever been seen.  

We have an option on Kimbrel as well next year. Zero reason to trade either Mayo or Kjerstad for a closer 

4 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Jorge Julio and Buddy Groom.

When anyone complains about this pen remember the offseason where we had to shell out big FA bucks for Buddy Groom, Dannyz Baez, and Scott Williamson. 

Also, I think we have to seperate relievers that our 162 regular season types, versus playoff types. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, casadeozo said:

We have an option on Kimbrel as well next year. Zero reason to trade either Mayo or Kjerstad for a closer 

Yes, though they MIGHT consider Kjerstad IF they think Miller can transition to starting next year without excessive injury risk. However, it seems like a very high chance of TJ in the next few years.

9 hours ago, vab said:

So we are going to give up on this year for the possibility of next year?

Two quick questions: 

1) How long have you been an O’s fan?

2) (Really curious about this one) How many games have you been to this season?

2 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

So we are going to give up on this year for the possibility of next year?

Two quick questions: 

1) How long have you been an O’s fan?

2) (Really curious about this one) How many games have you been to this season?

Please stop.

4 minutes ago, btdart20 said:

Please stop.

Stop asking questions?

Sorry, I’m a curious person by nature.

I’m curious about the timing of this post (considering the game Kjerstad had last night and really the week that he had last week). I’m curious what would motivate a person to post this after those things.

Is that okay with you?

3 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

Stop asking questions?

Sorry, I’m a curious person by nature.

I’m curious about the timing of this post (considering the game Kjerstad had last night and really the week that he had last week). I’m curious what would motivate a person to post this after those things.

Is that okay with you?

With the condescending attitude toward those you disagree with.  

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Unnecessarily Socratic response, FRobby. There is no position more important to the Orioles right now than backup catcher as crazy as that sounds.  The incumbent is hurting the team with his bat.  Basallo will some day soon create a great split responsibility with Adley and another big bat at least vs RHP. 2B?  All eggs are in the Holliday basket, but if he can't stay healthy this year and Mateo falls off as in the past, 2 great backup options exist 1) Norby or 2) Westburg moves back to 2B and Mayo is promoted to play 3B. CF? Of all CFs in the game I'd trade him for Judge (if I could be sure the contract would not screw up the chance to sign Gunnar) and I'd trade him even up for Jackson Merrill who is 21, from Baltimore area, and hitting well for the Padres, but is another LHB.  I wouldn't trade him for Duran, for example, who is 2nd in WAR among CFs at 1.4, has good OPS, but is approaching age 28 despite 4 years of team control.  No way I trade him for Robert as I have detailed elsewhere.  I think the Orioles are better off for now, using some combination of Cowser, Mullins, and Hays in CF rather than trading Basallo for anyone else not named above that comes with a significant price tag. Corner OF spots, DH, 1B are jammed now with players/prospects who can hit (Cowser, Kjerstad, Mountcastle, Santander, O'Hearn, Stowers).  No additions needed. 3B?  Westburg is having a great year and Mayo is ready and should be promoted which puts pressure either on 3B to move Westy to 2nd or the already jammed corner OF/1B/DH group, but he is a much-needed RHB.
    • I think you have to add Grayson to this list. 
    • Scherzer doesn’t carry injury risk?  Surely you haven’t followed his last couple of seasons very closely.
    • The minute Boras, or any agent, successfully does an end-around of any Orioles GM the the minute I start looking for a more rewarding obsession.
    • I generally thought Boras was off his rails earlier in my life, but as the sport's finances have become more transparent I think it's become clear that he has some valid points and there seems to be a concerted effort by MLB ownership groups to make sure his clients don't get paid to reduce his influence in the sport.  MLB player salaries as a percentage of publicly known revenue has been shrinking for a while, and are quite a bit less than the NFL right now.  This is something that could have gotten fixed in the last CBA but the players unwilling to strike, and they're also toeing a hard line against a salary cap (even though the luxury tax has effectively capped salaries for the richest teams) and simultaneously aren't advocating for a salary floor (which allows teams like the A's and 2019-2021 Orioles to field major league teams for peanuts.)  I agree with the take that Shohei's deal was a pretty stark underpay given the amount of money deferred.  It's possible that the players don't really care about getting richer at the top end, so they're just content taking below-market deals like this one.   Based on what we know about MLB teams, pretty much every team can support a payroll in the 120 million range strictly on revenue sharing money and national TV deals, so the fact that 11 teams are south of that number would be concerning if I were a sports agent looking to maximize my client's paychecks.
    • Mayo made his 11th error of the season tonight.   Sorry, On the Verge didn’t tweet a highlight so I can’t embed it here.   
  • Popular Contributors