We have a year and a half of mediocre pitching ahead of us....until that changes we are going no where. Come at me Bro.....

5 hours ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

First let me say I think Elias is a very very good judge of hitting talent.  Of all the things he does?  He can recognize a good hitter when he sees one.  He is great at it. 

That being said...IMO he would make a much better head of scouting or director of player personal rather than a GM. 

I think he is risk adverse when it comes to trading and his theory of drafting hitters and signing or trading for pitchers is imo flawed. 

IMO as a result?  The Os are going through what is expected now when all  you have is 1, maybe 2 good starters, an average one, and a bullpen that other than 2 guys for lack of a better word....sucks.

The hitters can only do so much before they start to press because they know that they need to score 7 runs a game to win.  And when athletes start to press?  More often than not they start to perform badly.  As we are seeing now.    They are frustrated knowing they need to be elite every night.   And as a result they are burned out. 

The real issue is this.  We are not just screwed this year.  But we may be worse next year.  We just lost Means and Bradish for this year, and the chances of  us signing Burnes for next year are next to zero.  So who do we have as solid starters next year?  GR?  Who while talented?  Is not elite.  And then....Kremer?  And then????   I mean what is that? 

More and more I am not liking the make up of this team and imo they 1000000% NEED TO TRADE  for a Miller and a starter like a Crochet.   We have enough infielders who overlap.   Even OF's.   Trade some of this surplus and try to win a WS the next 3 years....because what we have now?   And yes that means trading Holliday and others because otherwise?

Just spinning our wheels.

Dude, stop trying to convince everyone that you're some sort of all-knowing guru when you literally don't even know how OBP works. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Three Run Homer said:

Right now, the pitching, hitting and defense all suck.  The only good player on this team over the last 5 days has been Kjerstad.  

The difference is that the hitting and defense are in a slump but will get better.   But the bottom half of the rotation and bullpen are not going to get better without trading some real prospects.  I don't think Norby and Stowers will be enough to get us what we need for this season, and next year's rotation is a shambles.    Will Rubinstein be willing to spend the money over the offseason needed to create a playoff caliber rotation?  

I 100% agree with this post. 

2 hours ago, Orioles0615 said:

The Rangers traded for Scherzer, Montgomery, and Chapman. Elias will not do all of that, hell he won't trade for a single player of that caliber 

Agree.  I just don't think Elias has it in him to trade away any of his "precious".

Even though that has to be done.

Having a great player at AAA until he is 25 wins nothing.

2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I said it before, I’ll Meh.say it again here:

If I told you on July 13th 2023 that we’d get Corbin Burnes for Hall and Ortiz, no one would believe it. 

There’s plenty of time to make deals. To act as if this team is set for next year is just myopic and silly. 

Meh.  I wasn't totally sold on that.   I love Burnes but we all knew he was a one year rental.   With Elias knowing that Means and Bradish were iffy to finish the year when he made that deal and without bringing anything else?

Again....Love Burnes.  Not sure it was worth it considering we were playing with risk pitching wise.

If be can make some more moves?  Great.  If not?  A wash at best.

50 minutes ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

Dude, stop trying to convince everyone that you're some sort of all-knowing guru when you literally don't even know how OBP works. 

Why not just let me make a thread with my opinion  without saying I am sort of know it all?

I never said I was.  You did. 

7 hours ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

The point of my post is ever since the pitching went downhill, starting with the Means injury and especially after Bradish's injury,  the hitters have started to press more.

You can see that because they are swinging at bad pitches, not working counts, and just overall slumping.   Gunnar imo is a big example of this.

Which is what happens when they think they need to score 7 runs a game. 

Yeah ,nice to know they cant hit w/o Means or Bradish, What about Felix, I guess just Punt until 2025

3 hours ago, oriolediehard said:

Why does Hyde keep putting  weak hitting Mateo, Urias, Mullins and McCann in the line up? That is guaranteed  3 innings of no scoring.  Cowser is also a weak bat.

“This is who we have.”

Buck

The question is why is this who we have? 
Mike doesn’t want to use all his ammo on trades when he needs three outfielders for next season. But that means he rolls with,”…who we have.” I understand it, but I don’t like it.

Cowser will be fine.

17 hours ago, RZNJ said:

image.thumb.png.366306e2d68eafe736c4dc4382a2cdf5.png

I appreciate you digging up the factual record of Nostradamus’… I mean ooo’s predictions. Because he likes to pretend that he is a professional scout and his prescient powers are unparalleled.

18 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

I appreciate you digging up the factual record of Nostradamus’… I mean ooo’s predictions. Because he likes to pretend that he is a professional scout and his prescient powers are unparalleled.

18 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

He says he didn’t say “struggle to make the playoffs”.   I presented the quote to him and he never acknowledged it.  Oh well.    

6 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

He says he didn’t say “struggle to make the playoffs”.   I presented the quote to him and he never acknowledged it.  Oh well.    

I am not surprised whatsoever.

• Haha 1