2024 1st Round Pick (#22): Vance Honeycutt - OF - (Jr) North Carolina (NC)

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Why would you give him slot?  Is he really going to go back in the draft and risk further exposure? 

Offer him 3M.

If all they take all college juniors, going underslot doesn’t really matter.

Lucas

7:51

What's the farthest you could see Honeycutt falling?

Eric A Longenhagen

Good question, i have him in the 40s because I'm terrified of his bat

7:52

BAL did it with Jud Fabian a few years ago, right? Same type of guy, probably same range

congrats to those who made a Fabian comp

52 minutes ago, bpilktree67 said:

Bradfield and Honeycutt could be a great defensive outfield with all that ground to cover in Camden if they stay with the club.  

With cowser as the 3rd of…could be comfortably the best defensive outfield in baseball if bradfield and Honeycutt live up to their defensive scouting reports. 

Yeah I mean I like the swing here. Why not? Late round guys don't make it that often so you might as well go upside. 

It's without a doubt the best pick they've made so far.

They hedged it with two kind of safe bench upside guys.

2 hours ago, HowAboutThat said:

Lucas

What's the farthest you could see Honeycutt falling?

Eric A Longenhagen

Good question, i have him in the 40s because I'm terrified of his bat

7:52

BAL did it with Jud Fabian a few years ago, right? Same type of guy, probably same range

congrats to those who made a Fabian comp

LOL - Jud Fabian thinks this guy strikes out way too much. 

• Haha 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Very interesting that in his recent AAA starts, Povich threw a lot of sinkers and sweepers, but in his gem last night he completely cut out the cutter and the sinker. He kept the higher sweeper usage, including against RH batters, so it seems to have replaced the cutter. This all worked last night because he kept a pretty low percentage of fastballs at 45%, but was able to throw his soft stuff for strikes.  Ultimately I don’t really think changes in pitch mix made the difference here. He looked like he did in the good Braves start, commanding the four seamer at the top of the zone and the curve at the bottom of the zone. That’s really the key for him. The changeup off the plate to righties was also a good pitch for him last night, and maybe the sweeper will be the in-zone pitch for him to go to other than the fastball. 
    • He hasn't pitched since Thursday, and his last outing before that was on 8/10. I'd consider that fresh for a middle reliever. It only takes a minute to look up on milb.com rather than laughing at someone else's post for no reason.
    • Next year's bullpen is going to be good, hopefully Bautista, Dominguez, and Cano are your 7, 8 , and 9th inning.  Columbe can pitch in the back end when the match ups are solid. I think McDermott MUST be transitioned to a backend bullpen piece and start the season on the MLB club. Having options for him is nice. Soto is a wild card for me. Yes, he's been AWFUL, but he is under control and might be a project much the same as Rogers. Lefties with his stuff aren't easy to come by. Hopefully Suarez is in the Bullpen next year once the starting 5 is figured out.   Webb has earned his keep. The final spot needs to go to Akin/Perez/Soto/better LHP.  Maybe that is a target for Elias this offseason, a shutdown lefty for the pen. Bautista, Dominguez, Cano, Columbe, McDermott, Suarez, Webb, & (Good Mystery LHP) is my bet for next season  
    • Lmao.  Get a fresh arm up?  You do realize that they play games in Norfolk, right?  Has this call-up not pitched in Norfolk?  I'm sure he has pitched plenty so that's not fresh unless your definition of "fresh" is something other than Webster's.
    • Wow - that’s a very strong arm. You can see why he hasn’t been moved off of catcher. Even if everything else is a work in progress, he’s not being limited by arm strength. 
    • Because he’s another crappy pitcher who walks a lot batters
    • Wow, deck chairs on the titanic
  • Popular Contributors