All Star Game

SteveA

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

If you're watching the game, listen to the sound in the stadium.  I live in Texas so I've been to Globe Life Field several times.  I have many beefs with the stadium, but the biggest one is the echo: it has a weird echo that drives me nuts....it's unlike any other domed stadium.  When I'm there in person, it makes me feel detached from the action on the field. See if you guys can hear it and if it bothers you as well.

Or perhaps I'm crazy.

1 minute ago, yark14 said:

If you're watching the game, listen to the sound in the stadium.  I live in Texas so I've been to Globe Life Field several times.  I have many beefs with the stadium, but the biggest one is the echo: it has a weird echo that drives me nuts....it's unlike any other domed stadium.  When I'm there in person, it makes me feel detached from the action on the field. See if you guys can hear it and if it bothers you as well.

Or perhaps I'm crazy.

It's like talking to people in a BBQ grill.

• Haha 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Aye, there’s the rub….for in that sleep of death, what dreams may come when we have shuffled off this mortal coil, must give us pause… or injuries must give us pause…basically the same thing. Still, I can’t imagine that, say, 2/10 wouldn’t be a worthwhile insurance policy. We’ve increasingly seen it, with Texas and Scherzer and Tyler Mahle, and other teams who are willing to take the risk. With Means, the risk is very present, but so is the reward, and his upside makes it worthwhile, so long as his demands aren’t unreasonable, and given his history, there’s no reason to expect they would be. Besides, if the Os don’t do it, someone will. Even if Elias and Rubinstein get together and DO sign a fine starter, it will only be one when we need several, and Means would be cheap, a solid starter arriving at trade deadline time, without an projects payment attached.
    • None of his 4 hits landed in the OF. One was an infield single and another was a bunt. 
    • I don't typically participate in online bickering. I've probably done more with you today than I have since I've been a member here. Your comment rubbed me wrong,  but my apologies for responding as a jerk.   Your original point was about Povich and Irvin. My contention was in a somewhat perfect world the rotation could have been: Burnes, Bradish, Rodriguez,  Means and Kremer. That would have left Wells and Irvin in the pen and Povich at AAA. So that's 8 plus the additions of Eflin and Rogers. To me,  when you look at that list it's not a surprise that they're relying on whatever they can get right now.    I'm more concerned about 2025 than whatever happens the rest of this year. I hope they don't plan on the returns of the TJ guys as an answer for the rotation. 
    • Just need to block out those three weeks in July 2025 in which he's going to be healthy.  😉
    • I'm with you. With the right terms I'd sign him. Is he due back before the end of 2025? If so, give him a 1 year deal with a club option. If he's effective pick up the option, if not decline it.
    • What’s the rush on extensions?  If they are not taking hometown discounts, then playing out remaining pre-arb/arb years and then determining FA years may be best financial and business decision for Os.  Passage of time and years will inform whether Adley is just above average and whether Gunnar is Witt or a notch below.  Worst case on Adley is FA 2028 and Gunnar FA 2029. 
  • Popular Contributors