Ortiz segment

Big Al

4 minutes ago, Malike said:

I heard next year they are going back to team uniforms, in part due to the owners, and people not knowing who the hell is on the field.

And, I imagine, because people aren't lining up to buy the special ASG uniform of their favorite player, which was what they hoped for and was the main reason for going to the special all star uniforms.

5 minutes ago, SteveA said:

And, I imagine, because people aren't lining up to buy the special ASG uniform of their favorite player, which was what they hoped for and was the main reason for going to the special all star uniforms.

Yeah, I think the owners aren't happy with the job Nike has done.

Decades ago I would always say the best two things about the Fox network were Sports and the Simpsons.

Now, they've got nothing.  They do so much extra junk that they take away enjoyment of the actual game.

I wish another broadcast network would get the contract.  PBS would do a better job.

Bugged the crap out of me. 100% positive that if a Yankee or Mets player had been at the plate Fox would have focused on them, and left the clown show for some other time in the game. Westburg, Greene, and the fans deserved better. 

1 minute ago, Gofannon said:

It didn't bug me more than when they tried to talk to a pitcher while he was pitching.  In-game interviews are just the worst.  Just show the game.

I loved how he just told them they were too loud then ignored all questions.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Gofannon said:

It didn't bug me more than when they tried to talk to a pitcher while he was pitching.  In-game interviews are just the worst.  Just show the game.

I don't mind the in-game interviews with the players at all for something like the all-star game.  Games that count, that seems a bit ridiculous, like when Apple TV was doing it for a Friday night game.

But baseball doesn't know how to be cool, but they think this is something that people like and enjoy.  I'm not sure how they come to that conclusion...I suppose it's a little bit of "we're taking you inside the game" but I think for the die-hard fans it just doesn't work.

I wasn’t bothered by the idea or it going over the game content, they were showing split screen. I just thought it was kind of lame. Ortiz was just freestyling and it didn’t work. “Hey what are you gonna do next? Are you enjoying this?” 
Should have had a few targets and one or two interesting things to show. 
Also, why do they insist on doing interviews in the field and not when guys are hanging in the dugout? Will get way better content and not impact their performance.

Not directly related, but I still don't understand how Alex Rodriguez was pretty much universally considered the pariah of baseball and now he's always at the center of any baseball broadcast. Dude does steroids several times and got caught both times, lied about it both times and never really was apologetic about it. Does anyone really care about his insight? At least Ortiz has some personality.

4 minutes ago, G54377 said:

Not directly related, but I still don't understand how Alex Rodriguez was pretty much universally considered the pariah of baseball and now he's always at the center of any baseball broadcast. Dude does steroids several times and got caught both times, lied about it both times and never really was apologetic about it. Does anyone really care about his insight? At least Ortiz has some personality.

One of them did steroids and the other did a drug dealer's wife.