AL playoff picture

eddie83

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

I love this whole concept that we are playing bad and can’t win a series…are you guys seeing what’s happening in KC and Minnesota?

They are playing poorly and that’s the only reason we still have a good chance. My point the last day or so has been can we even win the three games that are likely necessary?  I think the doomsday type feeling, at least for me, has little to do with those teams, and everything to do with how the Os look, ON THE FIELD. It’s just been so ugly. 

But hey, Westie and Urias in today’s Tides lineup does offer some glimmer of hope. I’m dubious how much Westburg is going to be able to help/how strong that hand is, but still having him out there over Rivera/Holliday almost has to be an upgrade. 

I guess it is possible the Yankees could clinch the division and the Orioles could clinch a playoff berth the same hour next week.

It would be a nice finishing touch on the horrible run if an external result Tuesday or Wednesday assures BAL a berth following a division settling loss at Yankee Stadium.

Efficiency wise though, Steinbrenner and Rubenstein might constrain costs having a joint celebration.    I want to see David Rubenstein Soto shuffling with the guys.

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

I love this whole concept that we are playing bad and can’t win a series…are you guys seeing what’s happening in KC and Minnesota?

The Orioles have a way bringing out the best in the other team. Maybe it's because they are playing like the White Sox lately, but you can't possibly feel good about anything to do with this team's chances in the playoffs right now.

22 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

The Orioles have a way bringing out the best in the other team. Maybe it's because they are playing like the White Sox lately, but you can't possibly feel good about anything to do with this team's chances in the playoffs right now.

No but the team today isn’t the team we see in October.

37 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

No but the team today isn’t the team we see in October.

Maybe, maybe not. Not sure if getting a rusty Westburg and Urias back is going to complete change this anti-clutch, awful hitting philosophy team. i hope so, but it's not like we can just count as an absolute.