July 24th @Miami Chayce McDermott's MLB debut

nevadaO

2 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Heston is lost.  Damn Yankees!!!

I had a feeling that would happen.  Getting hit in the head is just really traumatic.  Especially as a hitter.  Heston even talked about it.

It would not surprise me to see him struggle for a month or so until he overcomes the phobia of being hit.  Which is completely understandable. 

1 minute ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

At this point do we need to start looking at the hitting coach?  Analytics?  Dietician for the team?  Trainers?

Baseball is known for teams going into prolonged hitting slumps, but this team has too much talent to be this bad hitting wise for this long.  I mean they really aren't even close to hitting the ball on a regular basis other than Sandy. 

It is very strange and I think a change needs to be made.

Fun fact. I played community college baseball against Ryan Fuller. To say I was stunned when I heard he’s our new hitting coach would be an understatement 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

I may be the no fun guy,  but I can't understand what the infatuation with bobbleheads is.  They seem like trinkety junk that serve no purpose other than to clutter up a space until you they get thrown away.   What do people see in them that is so exciting?

So you practice minimalism and don’t have any decorations in your place?

As I said Chase has some really nice movement on his ball.  He could be a good pitcher.  But his delivery is so random from pitch to pitch that he struggles to replicate a good pitch to the next. 

Reminds me of the difference between a PGA top 50 pro and a teaching pro playing for his local club championship.

And no Scottie S doesn't count lol.  He is a freak. 

2 minutes ago, TopGunnar said:

Fun fact. I played community college baseball against Ryan Fuller. To say I was stunned when I heard he’s our new hitting coach would be an understatement 

Well. How good were you and him ?

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

So you practice minimalism and don’t have any decorations in your place?

Well, I do have that elongated coke bottle and stuffed animal I got at the carnival.  So,  not completely minimalist.