Hays traded to Phillies

deward

7 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Pache has some Jorge Mateo vibes. Very high-end fielder in CF, great arm, right-handed hitter, pretty passable against LHPs (.698 career OPS), entirely unusable against RHPs. Good speed, but not a base-stealer.

The interesting thing about him being in this deal is that it feels a whole lot like exactly what you would do to clear up the ability to trade Cedric Mullins.

If he can't steal bases then he really is no comparison to Mateo -- or to Mullins.  Seems like a good defender whose offense isn't as good as Mateo's either.

• Upvote 1

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

There was a thread on here a long time ago, I think @Frobbystarted it...basically pondering who would play more games for the Orioles over the course of their careers, Hays or Mullins.   I can't find it.

Anyway, it's Cedric and by a decent margin...639 to 557.

You are thinking of this thread, I think, asking who would have the better career.   I posted it after Mullins’ career year in 2021.   Mullins won the poll handily and at least so far the majority have been right.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, e16bball said:

The interesting thing about him being in this deal is that it feels a whole lot like exactly what you would do to clear up the ability to trade Cedric Mullins.

Maybe. Or it is just keeping the current roster construction but swapping your 5th OF platoon guy who can only play LF for one who can also play RF, while getting a bullpen arm to boot. 

54 minutes ago, interloper said:

MLBTR on Pache:

Pache has 0 SB this year and only 4 for his ML career, so that's kind of weird for a speed guy. He's a curious fit. Would they platoon him and Mullins? Trade Mullins? Just keep him on the bench as a more sensible bench guy than Hays? 

Man these 403 errors... 

Pache's L/R splits are really ugly --  .130 / .185 / .184 vs RH pitching in his career (301 PA). 

Edit - finally got this posted after an hour 'n forty minutes of 403 errors. This site will be unusable if Elias makes an actual blockbuster trade. 

Edited by ShoelesJoe
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, wse120372 said:

I'm guessing he's the RH platoon for Mullins and Cowser is the everyday LF

I guess. If you squint hard enough I suppose you could convince yourself Pache is playable against lefties (.698 career OPS), as a defense-first CFer. He's +17 OAA in 1334 career MLB defensive innings, so pretty elite defender.

Something like a RH Brett Phillips.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, casadeozo said:

@Tony-OH Is there an update at all on the 403 errors? Engagement has been zapped at a time were all trying to talk O's

Ditto.. been trying to post for last 2 hrs and nothing but 403.. its the worst time of year to have this problem.

2 hours ago, ChicagoTerp said:

Can anyone provide insight into what we received here?

Stats look like borderline DFA candidates. Not saying Hays was hugely valuable, but he was an All Star last year so I guess I would have expected something more in return? 

Austin Hays numbers in situations that mattered most: RISP .229 Late inning pressure .188 Late inning pressure runners on .111

• Upvote 2