July 26 - Padres vs Orioles

86this

just another disappointing Oriole performance..but remember the ONLY reason we have a second run is because the Padres defense crumbled...we really have only 1 legit run..this team is really scuffling...but of course, Mayo can't be promoted.

Just now, terpoh said:

This offense is so bad, I dont understand. These other teams foul off pitch after pitch after pitch. Hit singles, situational hitting, move runners over, walk. We just over aggressive swing early and often.

Teams eventually catch on. They have figured out this aggressive approach. And it seems that the Orioles can't adjust.

Just now, OnlyOneOriole said:

I already said a few posts back that GH is getting way too involved in making a play look pretty instead of just getting a basic out.

I mean....I literally just said this 5 minutes ago.

You think that in the middle of the game, as the ball is hit to him, Gunnar stops and tries to figure out how to look impressive as he fields it?

2 minutes ago, RavensNOsGuy said:

This team is a disgrace right now.

At this point.....as I said in the Hyde thread....I am blaming things on the manager.  Fine if the pitching isn't there.  But my god he has these guys playing like they have won 3 of the last 4 world series.  No one seems to give a ****.

8 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

this is the worst Ive seen the Orioles play in more than 2 years....nothing is going right...

The ship is rudderless. At some point, you have to look at the skipper.

2 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

just another disappointing Oriole performance..but remember the ONLY reason we have a second run is because the Padres defense crumbled...we really have only 1 legit run..this team is really scuffling...but of course, Mayo can't be promoted.

Mayo homered in game one of the double-header today

Things are tough right now no question but they have a cushion so they can still fight through this and make the playoffs. Getting there and getting hot then is the only thing that matters. 

4 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

Okay, maybe GH is not a SS? He's a liability now.

He is fine as a SS.  He just needs to stop thinking he is a ballerina and that he has to make every throw look like a tik tok video.

Just throw an overhand throw to first base.  It really is simple.

5 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

I already said a few posts back that GH is getting way too involved in making a play look pretty instead of just getting a basic out.

I mean....I literally just said this 5 minutes ago.

What does that have to do with a short hopped throw that the 1B couldnt handle? You said that in today's game that error goes to the 1B. 

• Upvote 1