Soo glad Ramon is gone

beardbr

starting CF for Cincinnati opening Day?

Former Orioles #1 pick Darnell McDonald

too funny!

I'm really glad for the guy. Talk about perseverance. The guy is 30 years old, has 45 PAs in the majors, and he's still fighting for a major league job. The Reds are the 6th organization he's been with since 2004 (including us). Go Darnell!

Wow. Think the Mets might have had a scouting report that said something Hernandez' arm?

Ramon's arm was the only part of him being a C that was a plus. Other than throwing and hitting, it's the rest of the job that he's bad at.

Ramon's arm was the only part of him being a C that was a plus. Other than throwing and hitting, it's the rest of the job that he's bad at.

Apparently the Mets didn't get that memo. They've had three baserunners, two of them took second base.

I just tuned in, but wouldn't be surprised if it was more a matter of sloppy footwork than arm strength. Ramon always reminded me of the fat lazy kid who got stuck behind the plate as a kid and then developed from there. He's just a sloppy player - no doubt DT wanted him gone.

I just tuned in, but wouldn't be surprised if it was more a matter of sloppy footwork than arm strength. Ramon always reminded me of the fat lazy kid who got stuck behind the plate as a kid and then developed from there. He's just a sloppy player - no doubt DT wanted him gone.

I loved Ramon the first year he was here. He's just never been the same player since then. I'm glad we don't need to spend the year harping on him. One thing about Zaun, nobody will question his effort.

I loved Ramon the first year he was here. He's just never been the same player since then. I'm glad we don't need to spend the year harping on him. One thing about Zaun, nobody will question his effort.

Oh yeah, didn't mean to say he was no good. On the contrary, I think he's got more talent than he has been showing. It's just that catching is a very tough position to play if you are undisciplined. Even if your center of gravity is a little bit off, every play you might have to make will be harder.

That's the problem I have with him, he's got the talent and I think he even has the knowledge, he just doesn't seem that intent on controlling and maximizing his game.

The Ramon Hernandez unappreciation thread.

We already had that. It was called the "Ramon Hernandez appreciation thread." It may have been the roughest one I've ever seen. Even Sidney Ponson got more sympathy and well-wishes. Not that I could come up with much positive to say. Underperforming expectations and the value of your contract and not playing hard will do that for you.

I have this application for my iPhone that cost me like ten bucks that allows me to listen to all the games and I was listening to the Reds-Mets game on the way back to my apartment. Dang, Ramon gets stolen off way too easily. Had been stolen off twice in two innings. It is too bad that he stank up the joint for us. That first year he looked to be a good one but then again so did Javy Lopez.

Archived