Eloy Jimenez aquired

eddie83

On 8/2/2024 at 5:35 PM, OnlyOneOriole said:

Really makes you wonder why they wanted rid of him so badly.  They basically are paying him to go away.  

They got a pitcher who has been good at AAA and will be under their control for a long time. Eloy doesn't help them any time soon and the money is a sunk cost, not a new cost. 

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

People are underestimating how great it is to get out of Chicago.

Kopech already looking much different in LA as well

I agree.  I said in the game thread I think I was completely wrong about him.  He swings a nice bat. 

35 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

People are underestimating how great it is to get out of Chicago.

Kopech already looking much different in LA as well

I'm not surprised that Jimenez is producing. The White Sox are on pace to be the worst team since the 1962 Mets. Jimenez received a get out of jail card being traded to the Orioles.

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, maybenxtyr said:

You can't put a price on getting away from a team as bad as the CWS are. He can be a boost down the stretch.

Once again, the dude is a DH.  Are you telling me he's not trying as hard as he can every at bat because his team sucks?

I don't want that guy on my team.

Since I confused folks by "that guy" I mean the hypothetical DH who is phoning it in because his team sucks. 

Edited by Can_of_corn
Hopefully explained myself.
  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Once again, the dude is a DH.  Are you telling me he's not trying as hard as he can every at bat because his team sucks?

I don't want that guy on my team.

I think you're not looking at the context. No one is saying Eloy wasn't trying in Chicago. As an Orioles fans you should know when a team is really really bad like we were for a long time it does effect players --- they're human.

Jimenez just went from the outhouse to the penthouse.

2 minutes ago, gtman55 said:

I think you're not looking at the context. No one is saying Eloy wasn't trying in Chicago. As an Orioles fans you should know when a team is really really bad like we were for a long time it does effect players --- they're human.

Jimenez just went from the outhouse to the penthouse.

I think I am looking at the context.

I think you folks are trying to invent a narrative.

His JOB is to bat 3-5 times a game.

That's it.

There is no excuse to not put forth full effort.

I can see a pitcher or fielder losing concentration but a DH? 

His biggest issue, besides health, has been launch angle.  Was he too down to elevate the ball?

15 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think I am looking at the context.

I think you folks are trying to invent a narrative.

His JOB is to bat 3-5 times a game.

That's it.

There is no excuse to not put forth full effort.

I can see a pitcher or fielder losing concentration but a DH? 

His biggest issue, besides health, has been launch angle.  Was he too down to elevate the ball?

Effort/concentration aren't the only variables though. If you are feeling better about your overall work environment, you may perform better-- even if your effort/concentration is the same. 

That said, two good games is too soon to say that Eloy is experiencing some huge boost from the new environment. He could have had two good games for Chicago this weekend too.