Remember-Elias traded Tanner Scott 2 years ago for garbage. Good drafter. Horrible GM when it comes to trades.

Just now, OnlyOneOriole said:

I agree that we are top heavy farm system wise.  We are in no way shape or form......deep. 

I have to agree with you there. Once Holliday, Mayo and Basallo graduate, the farm system ranking will plummet

1 minute ago, StottyByNature said:

So this whole thread can be boiled down to Elias should not be fired.  Hot take.  I agree.  But it's good to know that your confidence in him is "waning... quickly".  Please do keep us posted.

We should try and trade him to the Blue Jays.  I think they will have an opening soon.

Just now, StottyByNature said:

So this whole thread can be boiled down to Elias should not be fired.  Hot take.  I agree.  But it's good to know that your confidence in him is "waning... quickly".  Please do keep us posted.

Nope.  The point of the thread was why Elias does not get heat from the MSM and the fanbase for trading away a guy who 2 years later the Os fanbase wanted Elias to trade back for, while giving up a ton.

Which the Padres just did. 

4 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

I will leave it at this....and I have asked this 5 times now and NONE of you Elias defenders have responded.  Not one.  Do you know why?  Because you can't with any logic. 

If you want to debate my OP?  Fine. Do it with facts.  Not insults.

So was the TS trade a good trade?  If so?  Explain why.  If not?  I completely agree. 

Because either Elias completely missed on assessing his talent?

Or Elias has not hired the proper people to develop pitchers like TS and Miami has.

What say you? 

OMG this has been asked and answered. You’re purposefully being obtuse.  No one is arguing whether it was a good or bad trade. It was a trade of a guy that wasn’t good at the time. You’re trying to blast Elias for said player improving 2+ years later and getting a better trade. It’s silly. 

1 minute ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

I will leave it at this....and I have asked this 5 times now and NONE of you Elias defenders have responded.  Not one.  Do you know you?  Because you can't with any logic. 

If you want to debate my OP?  Fine. Do it with facts.  Not insults.

So was the TS trade a good trade?  If so?  Explain why.  If not?  I completely agree. 

Because either Elias completely missed on assessing his talent?

Or Elias has not hired the proper people to develop pitchers like TS and Miami has.

What say you? 

In hindsight, if you knew then what you know today, then it wasn’t a good trade.  However that information wasn’t available when Mike Elias made the trade.  He isn’t a wizard and can look at every ballplayer today and project what they will end up being in 3 or 4 years.  He picked Gunnar Henderson in the second round and a bunch of GM’s had a chance before him.  He has made many more good moves than bad ones.  He has been a great GM who has turned this franchise completely around.  He did it up until this year with some the least amount of resources than most clubs in MLB because of who the owner was.  He put this team in a position to be good for the next foreseeable future.  

2 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Nope.  The point of the thread was why Elias does not get heat from the MSM and the fanbase for trading away a guy who 2 years later the Os fanbase wanted Elias to trade back for, while giving up a ton.

Because Scott wasn’t good.  This has been answered and that answer was obvious. You keep asking the question because you don’t like the answer but you not liking it doesn’t make it invalid. 

Ks are great. I value them more than most if not everyone on this site..but if you can’t throw strikes, you aren’t any help.

6 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

I agree that we are top heavy farm system wise.  We are in no way shape or form......deep. 

Jesus man. For sake of argument, let’s say they’re top heavy. Do you not think a reason for that could be graduating 5 of the 2023 top 100 to the majors?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Good grief, man, this just goes in circles. 

I have seen post after post explaining why, at the time, it was a completely defensible move.  Decisions aren't made with the benefit of hindsight.  If you want to continue to give Elias "heat" for it be my guest.  You will note that others aren't joining you because you are wrong.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

I understand that people who just attack another's pov without offering facts and logic and just personally attacking someone?  Like you? 

Either is low IQ or has no facts to debate with. 

I countered you several times that you haven't responded to. Because you were wrong.

I also asked you how Tanner Scott was a good pitcher in either 2021 or 2022, after the covid year. You do not know. In fact, you posted a blurb of stats that didn't contain either of those years. You posted this twice in response to me, even though it had nothing to do with what I said.

He was traded in 2022 for a low return, because he was worth very little. If he was worth more, we would've gotten more. 

If any of this does not make sense to you or contains things that you do not understand. Then, I truly don't know what else to say.

12 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

On April 3rd, 2022 - Let's say the same Tanner Scott was on another team, let's say the Mariners. He's not or never was an Oriole but the same pitcher on April 3rd, 2022. If you're still with me so far, what would you have traded to the Mariners to get Tanner Scott on the Orioles?  

10 minutes ago, scbalt52 said:

On April 3rd, 2022 - Let's say the same Tanner Scott was on another team, let's say the Mariners. He's not or never was an Oriole but the same pitcher on April 3rd, 2022. If you're still with me so far, what would you have traded to the Mariners to get Tanner Scott on the Orioles?  

You sir are a trooper.  I admire your effort.  But reading this thread...which has made me laugh out loud multiple times reminds me of the old saying, often misattributed to Mark Twain:

Never argue with stupid people.  They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, foxfield said:

You sir are a trooper.  I admire your effort.  But reading this thread...which has made me laugh out loud multiple times reminds me of the old saying, often misattributed to Mark Twain:

Never argue with stupid people.  They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Haha yeah, was just for fun while watching the game. I laughed out loud a few times too.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, ledzepp8 said:

OMG this has been asked and answered. You’re purposefully being obtuse.  No one is arguing whether it was a good or bad trade. It was a trade of a guy that wasn’t good at the time. You’re trying to blast Elias for said player improving 2+ years later and getting a better trade. It’s silly. 

Just call it a good trade, because the rest of us knew Scott wasn't doing anything for us and he was essentially traded for Jud Fabian. I'd say that was a good trade considering Scott could have been a DFA candidate.