Patrick Reilly 2024 (Acquired for Billy Cook)

Just Regular

55 minutes ago, bluedog said:

Also, look at how much value relievers have in trade now. If the O's took average starting prospects and turned them into good / great relievers, you could trade from surplus to restock some of the farm depth. Like Philly did.

For sure. The Marlins just rebuilt their system with reliever trades.

https://www.mlb.com/orioles/news/get-to-know-new-orioles-prospect-patrick-reilly?t=mlb-pipeline-coverage

“The intelligence from the coaching staff, down to even the guys in the locker room, and the commitment to the game and getting better is unparalleled, not similar to what I have seen other places,” Reilly said. “It’s very exciting knowing that guys in this dugout and this clubhouse right now will have some influence in the future in the big leagues.

“And then, obviously, looking at what the big leaguers are doing now, it’s super fun, and there’s no doubt in my mind why that’s happening with what I’ve already experienced so far.”

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

Reilly had a decent second outing for Bowie today, allowing 2 unearned runs on 3 hits and a walk, striking out 4.  He threw 48 strikes in 68 pitches.  The inning in which the unearned runs were allowed was a bit of a clown show that included two errors and a wild pitch.

• 4 weeks later...