White Sox Losing Streak

Filmstudy

With their loss to the A's on Mon night, they tied the Orioles AL record of 21 straight losses.

In order to have themselves erased from the record books, the Orioles are now depending on a .412 team which is playing at home but abandoned its city to beat a .235 team in a dual-purpose stadium that will not be fulfilling either in 2025.

It was the White Sox who put a merciful end to the Orioles streak in 1988.

4 hours ago, Filmstudy said:

With their loss to the A's on Mon night, they tied the Orioles AL record of 21 straight losses.

In order to have themselves erased from the record books, the Orioles are now depending on a .412 team which is playing at home but abandoned its city to beat a .235 team in a dual-purpose stadium that will not be fulfilling either in 2025.

It was the White Sox who put a merciful end to the Orioles streak in 1988.

And to think it was only 3 years ago that the O's lost 19 in a row on their way to 110 losses also 110 in 2018, 108 in 2019. Look at us now, and future looks good too. Thanks Mike

41 minutes ago, Safelykept said:

And to think it was only 3 years ago that the O's lost 19 in a row on their way to 110 losses also 110 in 2018, 108 in 2019. Look at us now, and future looks good too. Thanks Mike

We got killed for that. Tanking. I don’t hear any tanking talk with the CWS. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

MLB hated us tanking so much they changed the draft rules.

But it's fine if other teams do it.

1 hour ago, Safelykept said:

And it was only 3 years ago that the White Sox won the AL Central and were considered one of the young up and coming teams in baseball.

Youneverknow if that could us in a few years.  Seems unlikely but I'm sure they thought that also.

1 hour ago, Safelykept said:

It was 115 losses in 2018, don't shortchange the O's.  Still can't figure out how a team that had Manny, Adam Jones, Gausman, O'Day, Britton, anong others lost 115 games, one of the highest totals ever and more than the O's teams in 2019 and 2021 that were devoid of talent.

15 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

And it was only 3 years ago that the White Sox won the AL Central and were considered one of the young up and coming teams in baseball.

Youneverknow if that could us in a few years.  Seems unlikely but I'm sure they thought that also.

You never know but the White Sox are one of the worst owned and managed professional sports teams. I mean they hired Tony freaking La Russa a few years ago who was like 80 years old. They have pretty much always been terrible outside of that one random 2005 world series when they caught fire in the playoffs.

58 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

It was 115 losses in 2018, don't shortchange the O's.  Still can't figure out how a team that had Manny, Adam Jones, Gausman, O'Day, Britton, anong others lost 115 games, one of the highest totals ever and more than the O's teams in 2019 and 2021 that were devoid of talent.

yes , thanks for the correct, I dont know how they lost that many either, other than they pitched the towel, which their not supposed to do because they are pros( see Jiminez Thread) Players should always perform at the same level regardless of work conditions.

I really pity the White Sox fans right now.  Getz is only in his first year as GM and just handled his first trade deadline very ineptly.  I don’t think Reinsdorf is capable of admitting he made a mistake in hiring Getz after only one year, so he will stick with him.  Meanwhile, they won’t even get a top 10 pick out of this miserable season due to the draft rule changes.  It’s going to be a long time before we see another relevant White Sox team.  

Edited by Frobby

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Because they get nothing for it. I think 10th or 11th is the lowest they are allowed to pick due to the market they are in and profit-sharing requirements. Since they were terrible last year, they get penalized for being terrible this year.

4 hours ago, 1fingerwillie said:

Makes me sad. That was the season I really fell in love with the Os.

Me too.  When everyone all over town was bad-mouthing them, I took the opposite tack.  That's when I started listening to almost every game on the radio.  Jon & Joe taught me the nuances I'd never known about baseball, and I've never looked back!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, glenn__davis said:

The only way it could be likely is ME used big prospect capitol ( Big 3 ) to acquire what is now elite pitching ( Skubal, Crochet ). and then have that blow up in his face. His vision is now in focus,build a top 2 or 3 offense that has staying power and fill in the missing Pitching pieces thru FA or minor trades. The cost of Pitching has to come down with all of this attrition.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RavensNOsGuy said:

You never know but the White Sox are one of the worst owned and managed professional sports teams. I mean they hired Tony freaking La Russa a few years ago who was like 80 years old. They have pretty much always been terrible outside of that one random 2005 world series when they caught fire in the playoffs.

They had 99 wins that year, let’s not act like they just squeaked into the playoffs and went on a run like the ‘06 Cardinals