FIX THE DANG HITTING!

DocJJ

I'm just kidding.  The last time I ranted this rant, the offense actually woke up....  figured I'd try it again....

Dang this hitting slump is the worst.  Suarez pitched great in tough situation...  What a waste of a great pitching start...

I have about 5% confidence we will pull out any close playoff games if we make it. Between the lack of constant hitting, poor managing, marginal at best bullpen it’s too much. That is if we even make it which I’m getting less confident about by the day. 

5 minutes ago, RavensNOsGuy said:

I have about 5% confidence we will pull out any close playoff games if we make it. Between the lack of constant hitting, poor managing, marginal at best bullpen it’s too much. That is if we even make it which I’m getting less confident about by the day. 

With Grayson out for an extended time, the O's are probably down to 1 above average starter.

7 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

With Grayson out for an extended time, the O's are probably down to 1 above average starter.

I'd put Eflin in that group, so 2 above average starters.

4 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

IMG_5764.jpeg

Pulling this player with the bases loaded (who already had a HR in the game) for a pinch hitter, and then a few hitters later bringing in a pinch hitter who is looking for his first major league hit with us down 3 in the 8th with the bases loaded……I don’t know if I’m more bewildered or pissed off. The outcome isn’t even the point…..other than if you’re going to do something so unconventional, it has better work. 

31 minutes ago, UMDTerrapins said:

Pulling this player with the bases loaded (who already had a HR in the game) for a pinch hitter, and then a few hitters later bringing in a pinch hitter who is looking for his first major league hit with us down 3 in the 8th with the bases loaded……I don’t know if I’m more bewildered or pissed off. The outcome isn’t even the point…..other than if you’re going to do something so unconventional, it has better work. 

And Cowser has probably been the O's 2nd hottest hitter (and hottest hitter since the ASB.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, DocJJ said:

I'm just kidding.  The last time I ranted this rant, the offense actually woke up....  figured I'd try it again....

Dang this hitting slump is the worst.  Suarez pitched great in tough situation...  What a waste of a great pitching start...

I wouldn't say the hitting is slumping, as Frobby noted, the offense is scoring almost 6 runs a game since the All Star Break, but that doesn't help when the back end starters are given up 4 or 5 runs in the first 3 innings and then another reliever gives up 3 or 4 runs (didn't happen last night).  Can't outscore bad pitching.

Several hitters are hot right now, last 7 days:

Holliday       1.378 OPS

Henderson  1.124 OPS

Jimenez        1.083 OPS

Cowser         0.985 OPS

There's 4 hitters that are really hot right now.