8/7 @Toronto

eddie83

2 minutes ago, DEOriolesfan said:

Reflects leadership. Ultimately falls back on GM & the manager. Hyde isn’t the guy and this year has show that.

Yeah not have to do with 4 of the 5 starters on il.  One of our best relievers on the team out for 3 months.  The all star third baseman hurt it is the leadership of the GM and manager.  Elias clearly didn’t think Mayo was ready even though the fans were screaming for it for months now but then the all star third baseman breaks his hand and he forced to bring him up.  

Just now, EddeeEddee said:

Not years of this.  Our pitching staff was better than this this time last year.  It feels like Elias got complacent about the pitching despite some warning signs and the thinning of the bullpen.  

I meant years of Rogers data to go off of. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Roy Firestone said:

I must've responded to the wrong comment...someone said "Roy...no excuses." Sorry...

No problem Roy. I’m sure we are all frustrated. 

Game isn’t over. And to be clear I like Coby.  

2 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

8 pitch inning.. great 

The vibes around this team are all wrong. Too many injuries, underperforming (or I should say, performing at the expected level) trades, a manager who seems out of answers, and so on. They have managed to barely hang on for the past few weeks, but it seems inevitable now that a long losing streak will be arriving sooner or later, probably sooner.

5 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Are we already turning on Mayo? Looks that way. 

The error was charged to Mountcastle, but the throw was awful. I wonder whether guys who are victimized by bad D are resentful. It would only be human to be annoyed.

I will reiterate that I did not want to bring Mayo up because defense is important. Put him at DH, or let him get better, but don’t say”it’s ok if you suck with the glove, so long as you hit a lot.”

The team was marvelous after AR was called up in ‘22 because he was so solid. Now people are making excuses for really inexcusable play.

My beef is with Rogers. Elias was mainly interested in him because he’s a cheap warm body for two years. That’s  a really really bad reason to get a guy.