8/8 vs Toronto

Since1984

4 minutes ago, RavensNOsGuy said:

Watch out for the guys that throw the stats in your face. I’m not arguing that the stats aren’t the stats but a lot of them get skewed on the surface. This team goes through way too many cold spells to be a serious contender. 4 or 5 innings at a time with barely any base runners….several times a week.

All teams have issues. That’s the point. Phillies have been struggling. Whole sport has pitching questions. 

I’m not saying they have been playing well but it’s all relative. 

1 minute ago, Wavetrapper said:

The entire bullpen needs to be replaced.  Maybe, as in maybe, a couple guys worth keeping 

I don’t think so.  It’s a decent group and if Felix is back and still at least somewhat himself they’ll be fine.  They’ll let Burnes and Tony walk.  But they will need to spend significant dollars on the starting rotation.

3 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

Really think they need to go back to platooning O’Hearn and Mountcastle.

Also, welcome back, Akin. 🤬

Should’ve done this a long time ago. Mounty should not start vs most righties and O’Hearn should never start against lefties. Don’t know why we force it.

I think it's an embarrassment to lose 2 of 3 to this crummy, paper thin Blue Jays team. Especially when we needed to win against teams that have pretty much given up on the season.Yes, the G-rod  loss was part of it.But Albert pitched well..and we still couldn't beat this team..Unforgiveable.

1 minute ago, Roy Firestone said:

I think it's an embarrassment to lose 2 of 3 to this crummy, paper thin Blue Jays team. Especially when we needed to win against teams that have pretty much given up on the season.Yes, the G-rod  loss was part of it.But Albert pitched well..and we still couldn't beat this team..Unforgiveable.

Yup, might be time to face the facts. This team is average as constructed. They can hit sometimes, but the defense and terrible bullpen erase any edge the hitting has