Stephen Strasburg

I'm sure that most of you here know about this kid from San Diego State, but if you do not he is a RHP that throws 100MPH consistantly. He is a power pitcher with great curveball as well as an overpowering fastball. Is there anyway that he falls to the O's at the number 5 pick this coming draft, or is he a lock to be the number one pick by Washington?

I'm sure that most of you here know about this kid from San Diego State' date=' but if you do not he is a RHP that throws 100MPH consistantly. He is a power pitcher with great curveball as well as an overpowering fastball. Is there anyway that he falls to the O's at the number 5 pick this coming draft, or is he a lock to be the number one pick by Washington?[/quote']

No chance, IMO. The Nats will select him #1 or face the ire of their fans.

I'm sure that most of you here know about this kid from San Diego State' date=' but if you do not he is a RHP that throws 100MPH consistantly. He is a power pitcher with great curveball as well as an overpowering fastball. Is there anyway that he falls to the O's at the number 5 pick this coming draft, or is he a lock to be the number one pick by Washington?[/quote']

Check here, here, and here.

Lol sorry I am not a regualr on the board. I knew this would probably be a worn out topic after the SI article on him.

No worries - but there's a whole part of the board devoted to the draft - good stuff on Strasburg there.

Lol sorry I am not a regualr on the board. I knew this would probably be a worn out topic after the SI article on him.

Fortunately, there are a bunch of studs available at the beginning of this year's draft.

Provided we wind up with one of Strasburg, Green, Crow, White, Matzek or Gibson (and we will), I'll be a happy camper. :)

Nah, he has been the no. 1 consensus since before LAST draft. Didn't matter who had no. 1, they were taking him. He's the most touted prospect since Price, McDonald, or Gooden.

Archived