8/22 vs HOUSTON

eddie83

Attaboy Corbin, 6 ER and 6 swings and misses and 5.2 IP. Zero interest in bringing him back next year and paying a SP who can barely K 8/9IP over $200M. 

This team is a complete and utter joke right now. 

Just now, Uli2001 said:

Burnes has definitely entered the Orioles price range now.

He will still probably make a killing with his FA contract. Not with the O's.

And he'll probably have several more excellent years. Because, you know how it goes, right? If it's the Orioles, the players suck, get injured, or play down. If they get hired by another team, they put on the jets and play amazingly well.

The second most likely option is that we'll re-sign Burnes (for a lot of money) and he will either be completely ineffective or require back to back TJs for 4 years. Again, because the Orioles can never do anything right. Bad luck, incompetence, whatever. They haven't been past the ALCS since before I was born, and I have gray hairs in my beard.

1 minute ago, allquixotic said:

The Astros are a good example of what we could be... what we used to be ~3 months ago. Making good contact and having good control of the where the baseball goes, so you can somewhat reliably hit it where they ain't.

When we aren't striking out, we're hitting the ball directly to them. That's the new Oriole Way.

To be fair, I don't think there's such a thing as controlling where the ball goes.

1 minute ago, Uli2001 said:

Stop the excuses. Burnes has been sucking for a while. You have to get some Ks if you are an ace.

I already mentioned earlier in the game thread that doesn't get Burns completely off the hook because he has made some bad pitches.  So stop acting like I think he's blameless.