Should the Orioles relieve Brandon Hyde of his duties?

Deadwood Fan

1 minute ago, Surhoffan17 said:

No. I am not his biggest fan. But this is too reactionary. Not his fault that the whole team forgot how to hit. 

And I have been using the f bomb like a comma all night in my texts regarding the O's. I couldn't be more frustrated. 

The Mariners collapse is the real version of what you’d think is happening to the Orioles based on this board. They went from +10 to -5 in their division, and basically out of the playoff picture, in two months. The O’s are still 19 games over .500 even assuming a loss tonight. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I like Hyde and don't think anybody this is really his fault but I guess I'd get over it if they brought in someone good. Would be weird to do it mid season when you have one of the best records in baseball. Seems like a panic move and Elias is not one to panic.

7 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

The Mariners collapse is the real version of what you’d think is happening to the Orioles based on this board. They went from +10 to -5 in their division, and basically out of the playoff picture, in two months. The O’s are still 19 games over .500 even assuming a loss tonight. 

They’re 25-30 in their last 55 games with a -39 run differential. They would be 7+ games back of the Yankees if they didn’t fall apart too.

As for the OP question, I don’t know if he should be fired. Because most of the times a coach in any sport is fired, it probably isn’t deserved. All I will say is they certainly look like they need a shakeup right now and that is often times when a coaching change occurs. They look completely lost right now. 

Huge number of injuries + slump do not justify a manager getting fired.  If Hyde were fired now the team would probably play worse the rest of the season.  Hyde has flaws as a manager I agree but the problems with the O's right now are mainly to do with personnel and injuries.

And even if the O's can't break the slump and miss the playoffs I'd be surprised if Hyde got fired in the offseason.  It could happen but I think if changes are made it to leadership with would be some time next season.