Should the Orioles relieve Brandon Hyde of his duties?

Deadwood Fan

I can't tell if I want the Orioles to start winning again more because I'm an Oriole fan or because I want this forum to be readable again. My god it is unreadable at the moment. Reactionary doesn't even begin to describe it. 

Edited by Flash- bd
  • Upvote 3

Hyde is not a good in-game manager (like Harbaugh across the street).   He’s going to get a pass with the injury crutch.   I think the 2023 playoff collapse plus two non playoff seasons in a row probably does him in.  He’s nothing special 

48 minutes ago, Surhoffan17 said:

No. I am not his biggest fan. But this is too reactionary. Not his fault that the whole team forgot how to hit. 

The only things that are his fault are the lineups, and how he uses his starting pitchers and relievers.

there have been no coaching changes, except for one man named Anders Grant, who became the guy in charge of MLB development, whatever that is. But the regular coaches haven’t changed.

The reason the play has become sloppy for so long is probably because there’s no penalty for sloppy play. Baseball is hard and the details are harder. Frobby mentioned three separate plays in last nights game that were all failures because of sloppiness, but I don’t think there was an error on any one of those plays.

No, it’s silly to replace Brandon Hyde right now. I agree with the people who think he needs to go, but not now. It would be too extreme to make a change right now.

I really want to see Elias change his draft strategy and stop focusing on one single kind of player while ignoring every other kind of player. I would also like to see trades for GOOD players instead of flawed players BUT WITH TWO YEARS OF CONTROL.

We were on pace to win over 100 games, now we are not on pace to win even 90. Hyde’s fault?

I dunno. But someone is allowing the attitude of sloppiness to take over…whoever it is needs to go.

Edited by HowAboutThat

52 minutes ago, Deadwood Fan said:

I saw the Mariners fired Scott Servais earlier today. If this uninspiring play continues for the Orioles, should the Orioles fire Hyde? 

Forgive my directness. This is the dumbest post of the season. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, EddeeEddee said:

Huge number of injuries + slump do not justify a manager getting fired.  If Hyde were fired now the team would probably play worse the rest of the season.  Hyde has flaws as a manager I agree but the problems with the O's right now are mainly to do with personnel and injuries.

And even if the O's can't break the slump and miss the playoffs I'd be surprised if Hyde got fired in the offseason.  It could happen but I think if changes are made it to leadership with would be some time next season.

It’s not a slump. A slump is when other teams beat you.

The Os are beating themselves. In every single aspect of the game, they are terrible.

Tonight’s best players were a minor league signing, a AAA call up, and one of our worst trade pickups who had a good outing after the game was decided.

Everyone else should be ashamed of himself

Edited by HowAboutThat

5 minutes ago, HowAboutThat said:

The only things that are his fault are the lineups, and how he uses his starting pitchers and relievers.

there have been no coaching changes, except for one man named Anders Grant, who became the guy in charge of MLB development, whatever that is. But the regular coaches haven’t changed.

The reason the play has become sloppy for so long is probably because there’s no penalty for sloppy play. Baseball is hard and the details are harder. Frobby mentioned three separate plays in last nights game that were all failures because of sloppiness, but I don’t think there was an error on any one of those plays.

No, it’s silly to replace Brandon Hyde right now. I agree with the people who think he needs to go, but not now. It would be too extreme to make a change right now.

I really want to see Elias change his draft strategy and stop focusing on one single kind of player while ignoring every other kind of player. I would also like to see trades for GOOD players instead of flawed players BUT WITH TWO YEARS OF CONTROL.

We were on pace to win over 100 games, now we are not on pace to win even 90. Hyde’s fault?

I dunno. But someone is allowing the attitude of sloppiness to take over…whoever it is needs to go.

The sloppy play and malaise that has shrouded this club the past two months falls at Hyde's feet. Having said that, there's usually a veteran presence to deflect from this happening. That presence hasn't had its desired effect.

1 minute ago, Roy Firestone said:

Not Earl, nor Connie Mack, Nor John McGraw or any Hall of Fame manager could overcome these injuries...no chance. This is not all on Hyde.

I don’t disagree about the pitching. If we were losing 7-6 or 6-4 or something then there is merit to that.  But the offense has been trash for just as long now. Are we really saying losing Westburg is the reason for all of that? Half the people wanted Mateo DFA’d a couple months ago so im not even including him.

I agree with Roy. It's something I outlined earlier. I know people want to be optimistic and that's fine. But the reality is, compared to what our team is at full strength this team is more like a AAA team at this point.

You can't blame Hyde for the injuries.

Bautista, Webb, Coloumbe, Means, Bradish, Eflin, Rodriguez, Westburg, Mateo ...

I think a very tiny portion of this recent downturn is on Hyde, but it certainly has magnified some of his decisions. That being said, and speaking strictly on personal preference here, I've never really cared for the guy, he is just kind of a 'meh' dude to me. I watch sports to be entertained and I wouldn't mind having a more entertaining/likable manager, assuming the team was good. I like watching Pat Murphy, for whatever that's worth.