8/29 at Dodgers

Moose Milligan

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Not when you get back a TOR with two and half years of control in the middle of what should be three pennant drives.

I do think Holliday will figure it out, but it's not as cut and dry as some seem to think. I'm a big believer in having impact starting pitching is the only way to go deep into the playoffs. 

More important than a good 2B.

Not just a TOR starter but pretty easily the best starter in the American League this year.  Skubal would have to fall apart pretty hard to not win the Cy Young this year.  

Just now, slakattack said:

Yeah, after AS HR Derby 2023, no wait, or am I getting him confused with Gunnar after AS HR Derby 2024?

Adley was good in the 2nd half last year and good (but in a much different, less stable way) until this July. 

1 minute ago, LGOrioles said:

It’s incredible how bad this offense is. Miller has the worst xERA in the league and they have 0 hits through 3 innings against him. Buehler isn’t much better and he only gave up 2 ER. Maybe they’ll get their heads out of their asses at some point because this is just embarrassing at this point. 

I'm mentally preparing to lose two of three to the White Sox with each game ending 3-2.

1 minute ago, TopGunnar said:

I agree, you need starting pitching to make playoffs, but you don’t trade Holliday. No shot 

Gunnar is the only player in the organization you don't trade. You are reluctant to trade Holliday, Mayo and Basallo (who may be better than them all at the plate).

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Gunnar is the only player in the organization you don't trade. You are reluctant to trade Holliday, Mayo and Basallo (who may be better than them all at the plate).

I need to see way more of Holliday before I start calling for his head.

1 minute ago, slakattack said:

Yeah, after AS HR Derby 2023, no wait, or am I getting him confused with Gunnar after AS HR Derby 2024?

Gunnar has 5 HR's in 37 games post all star break, that's some power outage for sure.

6 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

The O's are always trying to save money, do we really need 2 or is it 3 hitting coaches to suck this bad at hitting?

Maybe the problem is not enough hitting coaches. If each coach is responsible for one hit per game we should be hiring more.

• Haha 1