9/1 Roster Moves

Brian88

They always do something weird like add a third catcher for a couple days. Hopefully we get some of Mountcastle, Urias, and Westburg back. Then the 13th and 14th guy doesn't matter. Hope we get a blowout in our favor and Banjos gets some playing time 

Just now, Pushmonkey said:

They had multiple days to have this figured out however that’s the deal. Throwing this game away with an already short bench. 

They knew multiple days ago that Urias was going to sprain his ankle?  Banuelos is replacing Ramon. Mayo was always the plan for today, hence why he’s already out west to join the team. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, rm5678 said:

But it would have been easier to just add him last night before the deadline. I don't understand why they didn't do that.

Norfolk is in Jacksonville. They can just do it tomorrow when travel arrangements get straight today. 

3 minutes ago, Pushmonkey said:

Exactly they are wasting a day. A day is a day. We need every day possible and not wasting 1. 

To recap: Eflin and Mayo were the logical 9/+ moves.

Banuelos was for an injured Ramon because he was available. 

They're not technically down any players at the moment. 

11 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

They knew multiple days ago that Urias was going to sprain his ankle?  Banuelos is replacing Ramon. Mayo was always the plan for today, hence why he’s already out west to join the team. 

Day game after night game. Travel day. I reckon this is more about not wanting Adley to have to catch than anything else. I reckon McCann is starting today especially with Blach pitching. So Banuelos is the backup C for McCann or even Adley if Hyde really wants to stay away from him. Adley has been struggling a ton all around.

Edited by LookitsPuck

10 minutes ago, Pushmonkey said:

They had multiple days to have this figured out however that’s the deal. Throwing this game away with an already short bench. 

Hard to argue with that.

I’d been sort of thinking the game would come down to whether Eflin can come right off the IL and pitch like himself. Or whether our stars can manage to bludgeon Ty Blach as they should. Or whether our defense and top relievers can get out of their own way.

But when you put it like that, the state of the very bottom of the bench/pen does seem like the sort of thing that renders this game a pure throwaway loss before we even get started.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Pushmonkey said:

I forgot planes can’t fly at night and baseball players can’t also travel at night. 

Teams don’t like driving their catchers into the ground especially this late into the season and even more so when Adley has had back issues recently. Folks want him to hit better, well you don’t hit better being driven into the ground.

I forgot planes can’t fly at night and baseball players can’t also travel at night. 

So get on a plane at 10pm in Norfolk (or wherever the Tides are), fly 5-6 hours to Denver. Arrive at 1am, hotel at 3am, game at noon. All for a player that won’t matter much anyway (Daniel Johnson? Maton? I mean who are you even upset they didn’t summon here anyway?). Sure that makes tons of sense. Or, promote the third C for one game so you can alll but guarantee that your starter gets a real day off. I don’t get the issue. At all. 

1 minute ago, LookitsPuck said:

Teams don’t like driving their catchers into the ground especially this late into the season and even more so when Adley has had back issues recently. Folks want him to hit better, well you don’t hit better being driven into the ground.

I’m fine with McCann playing today. But you can’t tell me that they can’t fly anywhere or any player after the game last night. 

• Downvote 1

I’m fine with McCann playing today. But you can’t tell me that they can’t fly anywhere or any player after the game last night. 

There are probably no flights from Jacksonville (where the Tides are) to Denver that leave after 10pm. So the logistics of getting someone there without notice would have been quite complicated.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Pushmonkey said:

Oh that I 100% get. But that’s a late game on the west coast. Not a lot of options out of Florida short of a charter flight. I thought you meant because it was an early/day travel day. 

Banuelos makes sense regardless of Ramon’s injury. And they really didn’t need to bring up anybody else since Rivera and Mayo (sort of) plays 3B. And Soto can kinda. 

Edited by LookitsPuck