Injury updates

Sports Guy

2 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Some good news: per Roch, all of Westburg, Urias, Coulombe, Webb, and Grayson are coming back before the end of the season. They are all a matter of when, not if. The only one questionable to return is Mountcastle.

https://www.masnsports.com/?Itemid=181

If Mounty doesn’t make it back I would not be surprised to see Ramon gets some run at first against LHP with Rivera starting at third.  That would allow the O’s to keep O’Hearn and his .499 OPS against LHP on the bench and available to be deployed as a pinch hitter against RHP.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Grayson is going to be in the pen for the playoffs. I have been saying that and I think that’s obvious.

Good news on Mounty.

Or an opener. Or bulk pitcher after opener.   GRod, Suarez, dean each get one time through order but with quick hook.

11 minutes ago, O's84 said:

That's a pretty big blow.  Let's hope that's not the case.

Elias seems to be implying there is a chance they just shut him down instead of making him a reliever.  I hope we’re not overly conservative here. There has been talk of Ohtani pitching in the playoffs so arguably we shouldn’t be overly cautious with GRod and Bautista.

If you could get just ONE of Westburg and Grayson back, who you taking?  I'm taking Westburg every time.  I want to see Grayson again but feels like we can cover that loss, especially in a short series.  We need that RH bat back badly - just look at tonight's lineup for evidence of that.  Hell I'd probably take RMC or even Urias over Grayson at this point, in fact.

7 minutes ago, Warehouse said:

Elias seems to be implying there is a chance they just shut him down instead of making him a reliever.  I hope we’re not overly conservative here. There has been talk of Ohtani pitching in the playoffs so arguably we shouldn’t be overly cautious with GRod and Bautista.

Yeah that's how I took it as well.  A shame if it happens.  Even if he can't be a starter he could be a weapon out of the pen, and give you length to boot. 

11 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

LFG!

Is one or two games in Norfolk too short of a rehab?

I don't see the downside in trying to get them into games this weekend, given the struggles of the offense.  I would think having them up by Tuesday at the latest would be a given, assuming health. 

Edited by ChuckS