9/11 - Orioles vs. Red Sox - Never Forget

86this

Predictable.   Our window is starting to close. Rays will be really good next year. Sox will be nipping at our heels.  2025 is probably the last year before the window starts closing.  We just didn’t develop the elite pitching and had too many pitching injuries this year.  That combined with the fact that all of the sudden this team cannot field the ball is a disaster. 

1 minute ago, LookitsPuck said:

Whatever you want to say about Jackson, Akin has no business being in a high leverage situation with runners on. It’s been an issue with him all season. He’s fine in a fresh inning. He falls apart otherwise.

Who else?  Game is on Holliday  

Just now, MDK02 said:

We still lose even if he makes the out. 

I realize that if O'Neil hits that ball it still goes out, but I don't think he bats if first base is open. Holliday's boot changed the whole inning. I still didn't like him hitting but I see why Hyde wouldn't want to put the go ahead run on 2nd. Anyway, that is an absolutely inexcusable play.

The Os remain a WIP. Complete denial by Hyde, the players and Elias.  Nothing is a given.  Maybe in the remaining 15 games they will figure this out.  2/3 runs driven in by Rivera tonight that speaks volumes to how bad the offense is. 

Edited by Pat Kelly

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

He used Cano in 8th 

For two damn pitches.   No reason he couldn't have pitched the 9th, Seranthony the 10th, THEN Akin in the 11th.

All year long, Hyde pulls relievers after very short outings and winds up using too many.   It's his biggest flaw as a manager, IMO.

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Good shout. This could definitely be it since it is so atypical in baseball. 
    • Lets clinch the spot before we worry about the roster.  We act like that's inevitable, and certainly the math is in our favor.  But is it really crazy to think we could win just one game in each of the next four series?  Tigers are hot and just took 2 of 3; hard to imagine winning more than 1 in NY, and Twins will be fighting for their lives due to the aforementioned Tigers, in all likelihood.  I think we better take 2 of 3 from the Giants this week. Will four wins be enough?
    • No hitter 2.0? Imagine this lineup game 1 of playoffs 
    • Drafting strategies aside, I don't see how anyone can point at Elias and say 'this is your fault'.  First of all, he's still built a playoff team (probably - I still hesitate to assume this, though just a couple more wins would ease my mind) even though half the team is missing (some more unexpectedly than others).  Second of all, the dregs he's had to pull up here lately haven't even been THAT bad considering how far down the depth chart they are/were.  Rivera has hit OK, L Soto in a VERY small size has at least shown a good glove.  He took a shot on Eloy and that hasn't really worked out, but it didn't cost much of anything to try.  I really don't know what people would have expected him to do. If anything, you could argue that the criticism he faced about not bringing up Holliday and Mayo sooner, rings pretty hollow given how bad they have been now that they are here.  Would they be any better here today if they had been playing in the majors for the last three months or whatever?  Hard to say, but at the rate they've been hitting, I don't know how any team could have given them the rope they apparently need.
    • Yeah that's how I took it as well.  A shame if it happens.  Even if he can't be a starter he could be a weapon out of the pen, and give you length to boot. 
    • Yeah I don't have confidence in either of them, that was the only point I was making.  All bad options means no bad choices.
    • If you could get just ONE of Westburg and Grayson back, who you taking?  I'm taking Westburg every time.  I want to see Grayson again but feels like we can cover that loss, especially in a short series.  We need that RH bat back badly - just look at tonight's lineup for evidence of that.  Hell I'd probably take RMC or even Urias over Grayson at this point, in fact.
  • Popular Contributors