O’s look done

Pat Kelly

There is something wrong in the clubhouse.  There is no joy in mudville. I know these guys are paid to play, but when the joy goes out of playing the game, it's over.

Hyde will be gone come next year.  It's the managers job to keep that perspective, and make sure the team feels like a team, and that's not what this team is now.

Reports around the Kimbrel demotion had Hyde and Elias on different pages, and thats not conducive to winning either.

10 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

There is something wrong in the clubhouse.  There is no joy in mudville. I know these guys are paid to play, but when the joy goes out of playing the game, it's over.

Hyde will be gone come next year.  It's the managers job to keep that perspective, and make sure the team feels like a team, and that's not what this team is now.

Reports around the Kimbrel demotion had Hyde and Elias on different pages, and thats not conducive to winning either.

It’s hard to blame it on Hyde. Half his roster is on the IL. 

It's hard watching this team right now. I mean, look at that starting lineup against a premier lefthander. They are getting their ass kicked and you expect joy in Mudville? Like I said in another thread - this off season will be interesting on many fronts and the way this team is going - it may come much sooner than we all antisipated three months ago.

1 hour ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Which one wanted to demote Kimbrel?   I'd say that person has been vindicated by Kimbrel's subsequent performance.  

12 minutes ago, Three Run Homer said:

Which one wanted to demote Kimbrel?   I'd say that person has been vindicated by Kimbrel's subsequent performance.  

Based on tonight I would kind of think it was Hyde. No chance he lets the guy stand out there and give up 6 runs in under an inning if he wanted to keep him around.