Selby in Os clubhouse

Sports Guy

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

This isn’t a huge deal as he could be replacing Smith, after he went a few innings yesterday but there is some speculation that Cano is hurt, as we have not seen him pitch for a week. 

Given what has transpired in 2024, I'm putting my money on Cano going to the IL.

2 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

I'm not so sure that's reassuring. It's possible he's a contingency plan in case Cano doesn't feel right before game time, no?

That's what it sounds like to me. They wouldn't put him on the taxi squad just for kicks.

It’s not like catcher where we always have a taxi squad guy.  We only have other players on taxi squad when there is a concern with a specific player. For instance, we had Daniel Johnson when Mullins and Mountcastle were banged up.

That being said, if Cano was definitely hurt they would have already made a move.

10 minutes ago, Warehouse said:

It’s not like catcher where we always have a taxi squad guy.  We only have other players on taxi squad when there is a concern with a specific player. For instance, we had Daniel Johnson when Mullins and Mountcastle were banged up.

That being said, if Cano was definitely hurt they would have already made a move.

Maybe. But they have a tendency to slow walk any IL stints. Cano last pitched on 9/11. But there is a cutoff now for backdating it. It would be the day after the last appearance, but the max is 3 days now. So if they did put him on it today, he'd go on it retroactively to 9/15.