Maybe, just maybe, theres a ray of hope

Roy Firestone

2 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

It would be a dream.  Always darkest before dawn, they say.  I’d probably get excited about an 8-1 or 7-2 finish as well.  6-3 or 5-4 not so much.  1 down 8 to go, I guess we will see what happens.  

6-3 would be spectacular. Winning the Yankee series alone would be great. I bet you would perk up if they went 6-3 and beat the Yankees. Hopefully we get to find out how you feel. 

Today, the Orioles go with the extremely unpredictable Cade Povich who hasn't had two good outings in a row, and he's coming off a good outing. So, it's still going to be a tough thing to do to get on a run..maybe Povich can show us a good start again, but the pattern doesn't show he will.

Povich has lurched better at home if I recall, so I have some hope we’ll get a decent outing out of him. 

It still comes down to the bats for me. Last night was great but need to see that continuing to extend before The Great Slump can be deemed over. Even with all the homers there were a lot Ks last night, and just 1-5 RISP. Need to keep building momentum offensively. 

20 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Today, the Orioles go with the extremely unpredictable Cade Povich who hasn't had two good outings in a row, and he's coming off a good outing. So, it's still going to be a tough thing to do to get on a run..maybe Povich can show us a good start again, but the pattern doesn't show he will.

Detroit is a good matchup for him. It'll be interesting to see how they attack him, seeing him for the second time in a week.

I'm low key happy that Povich has been coming along alright.     The old vs. young and tired vs. fresh contrasts are I think both part of comparing Povich and Suarez right now and what happens the next couple weeks.

After Burnes' fine work last night, these 2 games could be interesting to see if the Bullpen Attack dials have been turned up any on the 4th and 5th starters.

I would not be shy about having Bowman or Baker close down the 2nd or 3rd inning today if there is a jam.    Hinch platoons maybe 3 positions - Ibanez, Malloy and Dingler have only started v. LHP this week.

4 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

They need to "get the band back together" (get the injured players back) and go "on a mission from God" (make a run in the playoffs).

Blues Brothers reference in case you didn't get it.

IMG_0028.jpeg.333ad6142f2397eaafe5a3c51ce60e0c.jpeg

Burnes and Elfin getting hot at the right time could go a long way. Getting Westburg and Mountcastle back obviously would be a boost. Coloumbe and Webb already back and get them some innings to be postseason ready. Now all we need is GRod.

4 hours ago, emmett16 said:

This team took the joy out of watching baseball for me.  One game isn’t going to fix that.  

Short of going 9-0 over the last 9 games, there isn’t much that will give me any hope for a playoff push.

One game does not erase 2 months of ineptitude. 

I’ve watched enough baseball to know that any team that makes the playoffs can get hot and do well once the postseason begins.  I’m not optimistic about the playoffs, but it also wouldn’t shock me if the O’s made some noise.  It’s a matter of getting the pitching and hitting on the same page.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Baseball fandom said:

The thing is all 12 playoff teams start back to 0-0 so maybe they can put this 2nd half behind them when the playoffs start. I'm certainly not very confident  in this but it's all I have. Lol. 

Well, they've won 2 in a row, that in itself is unusual for the 2nd half '24 O's. So all things look possible again.