Pitching to Witt

winston24

2 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Yeah thanks for pointing that out. It also wasn’t disagreeing with you. Just pointing out that the pissing contest could be avoided.

There will be all offseason to disagree.  Haha

Maybe that tone is how Hyde has gotten us to arrive early and play over are heads the last two years in the regular season?  

It's not a pissing contest.

Where are you getting pissing contest?

Giving the other team free baserunners is generally a poor strategy.

Just now, sportsfan8703 said:

Yeah thanks for pointing that out. It also wasn’t disagreeing with you. Just pointing out that the pissing contest could be avoided. 

Maybe that tone is how Hyde has gotten us to arrive early and play over are heads the last two years in the regular season?  

I have no idea.  All I know is I think the "why pitch to Witt?" cries are overrated and are the product of second guessing a manager after the bad thing happens...which is always a favorite of mine.

Cano pitching to Witt is very different, IMO.  And it's not like Cano gave up a ringing double off the wall or something...he got a grounder up the middle, Westburg screwed up and tried to get the fastest runner in baeball at first...when all he had to do was flip it to Gunnar at 2nd base.

16 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I have no idea.  All I know is I think the "why pitch to Witt?" cries are overrated and are the product of second guessing a manager after the bad thing happens...which is always a favorite of mine.

Cano pitching to Witt is very different, IMO.  And it's not like Cano gave up a ringing double off the wall or something...he got a grounder up the middle, Westburg screwed up and tried to get the fastest runner in baeball at first...when all he had to do was flip it to Gunnar at 2nd base.

From my vantage point, I thought Westburg made the right decision but after seeing it more, I think he screwed up. I thought the runner was closer to second than he was. 

That’s part of the mental aspect of the game..situational aware, panic, etc…

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

From my vantage point, I thought Westburg made the right decision but after seeing it more, I think he screwed up. I thought the runner was closer to second than he was. 

That’s part of the mental aspect of the game..situational aware, panic, etc…

I initially thought Gunnar might have been a little late getting to the bag but he was there in time.  Westburg could have lead him with an underhand flip and it would have been fine.

Totally agree, situational awareness was lacking.  No one's gonna throw Bobby Witt out at first on a diving stop in the infield, especially towards the middle and left side of the infield.