ALWC Game 1 Attendance

DrinkinWithFermi

Can you blame anyone based off the last 3 months and the predictable offensive performance today? This team has given fans zero reason to show up the last 3 months. They’ve been sleepwalking through games, struggle to score more than 3 runs, can’t hit with RISP, and aren’t exciting to watch at all. They’re 15-21 in their last 36 home games. 

I have ALDS tickets and hope like hell they win the next 2 games, but I’d be lying if I said it wouldn’t be a bit of a relief to save a few hundred dollars and not have to sit through a game like today. Can do that for free on the couch. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, LGOrioles said:

Can you blame anyone based off the last 3 months and the predictable offensive performance today? This team has given fans zero reason to show up the last 3 months. They’ve been sleepwalking through games, struggle to score more than 3 runs, can’t hit with RISP, and aren’t exciting to watch at all. They’re 15-21 in their last 36 home games. 

I have ALDS tickets and hope like hell they win the next 2 games, but I’d be lying if I said it wouldn’t be a bit of a relief to save a few hundred dollars and not have to sit through a game like today. Can do that for free on the couch. 

This is exactly how I feel. The last 2 games I went to were 6-0 and 10-0 losses. The last 6 games I went to they scored a total of 9 runs.

I remember cheering the last game when we got a running to second—that was quite an accomplishment.

MLB is asking fans to buy 3 mid week games last minute basically. 

The price points for this round need to be lower. It’s common sense. If you win a a division and get a bye or win the WC round you have momentum for the DS round. 

1 hour ago, LGOrioles said:

I am going tomorrow but it almost feels like attending a funeral for a sports event. It’s hard to have any excitement when there is 0 offense. 

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I guess they didn’t price their tickets correctly.  

Yeah, I heard that they ultimately did cut the price by 50%, but it was too little too late I guess.

20 minutes ago, Say O! said:

If you did not attend the game, IMO you don’t have the high ground to comment on attendance (or lack thereof).

I did attend tonight's game with some family.

Section 362, row 17, seats 13-16.

There were 3 Royals fans right in front of us with several empty seats on either side of them.