Do we start McCann in Game Two?

sportsfan8703

Do we start McCann in Game Two?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Do we start McCann in Game Two?

• McCann at C
    • Adley at C

Does Eflin prefer throwing to him like Burnes?  Is it even a “hot take” anymore to say that McCann is a better defensive catcher by a lot over Adley?  Enough so that you live with the zero offense and stranding a small army in RISP?

Tough call for Hyder and we’ll see if Eflin gets a say. 

I vote McCann and the run prevention aspect. I don’t want to see KC running wild. Also, McCann is the superior pitch framer. The rest of the team needs to carry his bat. Heck, Adley ain’t much different on offense right now. 

Edited by sportsfan8703
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

I'd be pretty shocked if McCann started.  He typically plays against LHP and Lugo's a RHB, and he came up very small in both ABs yesterday.

Adley will catch with O'Hearn at DH.

Are we sure Mountcastle is playing 1B? I can see Heston getting the DH spot there with O'Hearn playing 1B.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I vote McCann and the run prevention aspect. I don’t want to see KC running wild. Also, McCann is the superior pitch framer. The rest of the team needs to carry his bat. Heck, Adley ain’t much different on offense right now. 

Adley ranks better than McCann in statcast metrics for throwing, framing, and catching.

Lugo has sizable platoon splits. McCann is not a good hitter. Plus bad optics of sitting “franchise” catcher in elimination game.

I don’t care which one catches but whoever it is needs to bat ninth, and whoever it isn’t needs to NOT BE THE DH. 

Adley as DH should not happen again this season, even if they advance. This isn’t who he’s always going to be, but he’s terrible right now and has been for a while. Stop waiting for the big breakout and just move his zero bat to the nine hole, where plenty of teams stash their worst hitter. Because that’s what he is right now (among regular starters) plain and simple.  

This could be the last game of the season, no way they get cute here.  Adley catches, Mounty at 1'st and O'Hearn DH.

Now if it was me and I wanted to get cute with the lineup I would have Jackson Holiday as the DH because he actually had the best AB's of anyone on the roster the last few games.  That would also give you O'Hearn as a pinch hitter later in the game which is something he is really good at.  

Edited by turtlebowl