Does anybody "have" to pitch today?

Just Regular

Down 0-1 in the 3-game format, this is a scenario where if you have any elite relievers, many game theorists would suggest you ought to accelerate them into the competition.

Josh Hader in the 2018 NLCS Game 7 pitching the 3rd-5th innings a famous example by a Raysian organization in the other league.    The Rays themselves shortened Tyler Glasnow to 9 Batters Faced when they beat Gerrit Cole in 2020 ALDS Game 5.

It has been mentioned if you squint for a Witt weakness, maybe it is premium left handed velocity.    Are G. Soto or Cionel guys you have to think about if Eflin isn't dealing or the batters don't give him some runs to work with before the 2nd time through the order?     Cano's recent form hasn't been top notch, and Coulombe may still be slightly rusty, but those are guys who have largely been star caliber relievers for 2 years.

Zach Eflin is a very fine pitcher, but he isn't Corbin Burnes.

There’s not a single pitcher in our bullpen who fits the description you’re talking about. Eflin going deep is our best and maybe only chance today. God knows we aren’t going to outslug anyone, and calling any of our relievers ‘elite’ is a serious stretch. 

I do think you're onto something.  Eflin's O/U today is 15.5 outs recorded.  That's 5.1 IP.  I don't think we let him get into trouble in the middle innings with a Lefty up.  I could see Perez coming into to get the last out of the 5th if it's a lefty up.