Elias and Hyde address the media today

Sports Guy

3 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

I keep seeing people saying this, but how exactly is the organization worse off, beyond any normal attrition of the prospect group?  Still plenty of up and coming young players, still flexibility in payroll.  Pitching staff still several starter candidates - and the closer returning.  If anything, Santander going to FA frees up a young player or two to get more PT (ie Kjerstad playing most days in RF).  You say the clock is ticking on Gunnar and Adley, and that's true. But you an just as easily say that they each (especially Gunnar) have another year under their very young belts, and are likely to come back next year and use that experience for further improvement (same for Cowser, Westburg, Grayson, Holliday, and others).  But we'd rather dwell on the negative take on that topic.

Actually I'm just not interested in continuing this discussion.  I'm sure the fates of Elias and Hyde will be a long term discussion point on this board, and there will be no convincing people of its inanity.  Plenty of people are adamant that Hyde should be fired - ridiculous and I'm tired of hearing about it already.  Plenty of people feel like Elias is in put up or shut up mode, or on the hot seat, or whatever.  Also ridiculous, and also tired of hearing about it already.

The lack of perspective and appreciation from people for what HAS been accomplished, due to what hasn't, is just annoying. 29 teams go home unhappy every year.  18 teams went home before we did.  I'm glad of that at least.  So, with all due respect to you and anyone else I've engaged with on the topic, I'm just going to bow out.

Thanks.

I feel like I'm being lumped in with some other, more reactionary posters, but that's fine. Have a good one.

28 minutes ago, deward said:

I feel like I'm being lumped in with some other, more reactionary posters, but that's fine. Have a good one.

Not lumping you in, but yes the last bit was a more general comment, not necessarily full directed at you. 

Thanks. 

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't think we can have this discussion and stay within board rules.

I also think we would all be speculating about things we probably shouldn't.

I deleted the post. Most of the responses missed the point anyway so it was poorly made.  It was thin ice to begin with.  Should have left it alone.

50 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

https://video.masnsports.com/orioles

Elias and Hyde press videos on here. 

https://video.masnsports.com/video/BrandonHydeonO'splayoffelimination/7024

Hyde press conference. You can’t hear the question but it’s about 8:55 mark about hitting with RISP. Said broad answer. 

He talks about 

experience

confidence 

staying on the baseball 

Make moment not too big 

not be frustrated 

not try to do too much 

understand what pitcher is trying to do 

experience 

At end mentions the importance of Zobrist with the Cubs. He hit cleanup around the kids. 

Really makes me wonder if Mike will try to add someone along those lines this winter.