Do the Orioles need someone like Machado?

Gurgi

A very emotionally explosive player that will punch people right in the face?  I fear we are filled with too many mega religious Lego playing softie white bread error machines.  What is the saying about nice guys finish last?  Frank Robinson was famous for being rough.  83 team was famous for being fun and great team mates but no one ever said they were just a bunch of super nice guys.  

I would rather be winning playoff games and be thought of as a bunch of douche bags than keep losing.  I want to be the 86 Mets not this clown show we have.  

I guess we need some more cocaine if we are going to be the 86 Mets.  This team is soft soft soft like baby poop.  

Hyde cant be the guy to lead us anywhere.  Get a Davey Johnson or a Billy Martin.  

• Confused 1

Just now, interloper said:

While I disagree with much of your OP, I do agree that they need a superstar who can be the "bad guy" but also back it up with his production. Love the guys on our team but they are pretty polite out there. 

Are you talking about Roberto Clemente award nominee Manny Machado?

Do the O's need someone to lightly toss a ball into a dugout?

2 minutes ago, beantownrefugee said:

The opposite of Machado.  The team needs a Nelson Cruz or Carlos Beltran type. A veteran on the back end of his career who can shepherd the young players through the trials and tribulations, and help relax the kiddos in the playoffs.

Cruz could share his experience costing his team a WS victory!

25 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Are you talking about Roberto Clemente award nominee Manny Machado?

Do the O's need someone to lightly toss a ball into a dugout?

I really just mean someone who isn't afraid to get a little mouthy and get under the skin of the opponent. Not suggesting Manny is actual "bad" guy at all. On the contrary I think he's a good dude and understands the psychological part of the game. He knows how to set up shop in someone's head and then also performs in big moments. 

32 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

I have greatly enjoyed your various takes since the season ended.  You been hitting the sleeping pills again?  :)

All in good fun my friend.

Honestly had hard time sleeping last night so I did in fact take something to help.  It helped going to sleep but I woke up grouchy.  I am not so sure why I feel so down about the Orioles when we have three straight winning seasons and I would of gave my pinky finger to do that four years ago.  But this laying down and quietly exiting the playoffs never once getting a lead and never looking good it mentally tough.  

I know I should still love Gunnar but the dude cant throw the ball to first base.  Only knows how to run to second to throw to first on DP.  Hardly ever tosses it to the second base.  He also just went to sleep after the all star break.  

Feels like we might just become Toronto.  A bunch of hyped players who never do anything at all.  

I don’t know if it’s necessarily a “nice guy” thing. I think it’s more of a youth thing. I want to see some of these young guys grow up a bit, go get married, start a family and just mature a bit. I’m sure if you asked Ceddy, he’d tell you having a kid made a big difference this year and gave him an outlet to reset mentally at times during the long season. 

I’m also not trying to say they’re not moving in this direction or anything…I know Gunnar is engaged, Holliday and some others got married last offseason, etc. I’m just saying these guys are very immature still and are still growing up in a lot of ways.