4/15 O's at Texas

BillySmith

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd really hate to be a play by play guy or color commentator during Jackie Robinson day- especially once managers start making substitutions. Heck- they mixed up Roberts and Izturis last night when they had their own jerseys on. With all 42s out there- they'll really be lost.

The defense makes a rare mistake. Wigginton boots a DP grounder, and the O's get only the out at second (I don't blame Roberts for his bad relay to first, since Hamilton was pretty much in his face).

I expect to see a lot of that with Wigginton at 3B. He's one of the worst defensive 3B men in baseball.

The defense makes a rare mistake. Wigginton boots a DP grounder, and the O's get only the out at second (I don't blame Roberts for his bad relay to first, since Hamilton was pretty much in his face).

I wouldn't call that a mistake. The ball was hit hard and he still got the lead runner. That wasn't exactly a routine double play ball.

BTW if anybody cares UNC is currently pounding the crap out of Winthrop 18-3 to avenge their loss to a unseeded High Point yesterday. I'm following that Gamecast as well. Multitasking at its finest...

Ackley is 2-4 with an RBI and a run scored.

It was hit hard, but it was right to him. I think Mora would've made that play.

That's exactly why I disagreed. I've seen Mora make the same mistake quite a few times. Wiggington hasn't played there nearly as regularly as Mora, so I'm willing to look past that, being that he recovered so quickly and got the lead runner. If Mora had muffed it, he probably would have immediately went to first and conceded the lead runner..

FYI though, I'm not saying Wig is as solid defensively as Mora- cuz I do think Mora is a very solid defensive 3rd baseman. (Wasn't always though)

Archived