4-17-09 Orioles at Red Sox

Rex Thunder

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wieters update

By Roch Kubatko on April 17, 2009 8:19 PM | Permalink | Comments (0)

The Orioles have announced that Matt Wieters left tonight's game with a cramp in his right hamstring. He'll be re-evaluated tomorrow.

Wieters' removal was done as a precaution.

You can exhale. It doesn't appear to be anything serious, but we'll know more tomorrow.

Thanks Roch.

Yeah it is. BUt stop scoffing at the leadoff walk when it was another inning that just saw everything go wrong afterwards.

It's unacceptable- yet I see pitchers do it ALL the time. But you're right- Guthrie is horrible and shouldn't be in the major leagues. We'd be better off without him. I'm so tired of this harping on a single mistake when so much else went wrong to lead to a bad inning. He's not perfect. He knows he f'ed up.

Get over it dude.

And every single time you see it, it's unacceptable.

You've probably seen the Orioles pitchers do it a lot lately.

Yes, it happens, and yes it's part of the game. But it's unacceptable. Jeremy Guthrie would be the first to tell you that, too.

I'll get over it if we manage to not blow a 7 run lead.

Yeah there you go. He makes sure to throw a strike and it's HR. I'm sure you're much happier now right?

I'm happy that he went after the guy instead of throwing a four pitch walk. At least when the opposing batter puts the ball in play your defense has a chance of catching it. In 150 years they haven't found a gold glove for the four pitch walk.

And every single time you see it, it's unacceptable.

You've probably seen the Orioles pitchers do it a lot lately.

Yes, it happens, and yes it's part of the game. But it's unacceptable. Jeremy Guthrie would be the first to tell you that, too.

I'll get over it if we manage to not blow a 7 run lead.

Exactly my point. I'm not saying it's good. He knows he F'ed up. But the way people pile on him because of a mistake- when realistically he should've gotten out of the inning only allowing 2 runs- is just going overboard.

Exactly my point. I'm not saying it's good. He knows he F'ed up. But the way people pile on him because of a mistake- when realistically he should've gotten out of the inning only allowing 2 runs- is just going overboard.

I'm sure Jeremy won't be offended when he reads the game thread.

But I will say this: You make your own luck. We've seen it a bazillion times.

I'm happy that he went after the guy instead of throwing a four pitch walk. At least when the opposing batter puts the ball in play your defense has a chance of catching it. In 150 years they haven't found a gold glove for the four pitch walk.

Did you watch the at bat where he walked the guy? He was trying to throw strikes on the corners- he just wasn't getting ANY close calls. Then he started aiming and got out of whack for a few batters.

It seems like right now the ball has to be right down the middle to get the call.

Archived