Orioles vs. White Sox 4/22/09 Game 2

weams

This last inning was exactly why I agreed with PaulFolk about the game seemingly already over. We don't seem like the same team when we are behind. It seems like the bottom of the lineup is struggling so much that they are pressing- swinging at first pitches- and their continued ineptness has the top of the lineup pressing to make up for it.

Either way... allowing Danks out of that inning with what- 6 pitches- is awful and you'd think DT would be preaching patience to get to the bullpen.

Wow- what a stud. Guthrie coming back out- probably knowing the bullpen will be getting taxed the next couple days.

EDIT- and there he goes right back to the bench after a quick hit. :)

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lol- wow- 4 out of the last 5 outs have been 1st pitches havent they? man we just seem so inpatient at the plate when we are behind.

It may be a result of the fact that Danks has thrown almost 75% strikes. Scott's HR was also on a first pitch.

And now Guthrie is gone after he can't get the first batter.

I really don't like it when Trembley does that "you can go back out until someone gets on base" thing. IMO most of the time you should let the reliever start the inning. Chances are pretty good the starter in the 7th after 104 pitches is going to allow at least one runner.

That ball was mashed. Talk about a pitch with nothing on it.

Sarfate has regressed pretty significantly. That was 91 with no movement. There is either something wrong with him or he was told to dial it down for control.

Dude I was thinking the exact same thing earlier. I just had one of those thoughts that "this guy juiced." NO basis on anything other than a hunch- and the fact that yeah, he does resemble Canseco a tad.

I caught onto this very early last year. No doubt in my mind. I saw him on TV and just started laughing in like an April game last year and every time I see him the hilarity continues.

Archived