Orioles vs. White Sox 4/22/09 Game 2

weams

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, the velocity is there...I don't think he is injured. More likely, it is the WBC striking back again ( I did enjoy the WBC).... He didn't get to work much at all in spring training-- command shows this. He has made some good pitches today, it just seems he is all over the place. Hopefully he can get it together soon.

Guthrie lucky there. That wasn't a good pitch to Getz at all. Nice DP by the boys.

Do you still think he is looking like he may be hurt? Following in gameday, his location hasn't been good tonight but his FB is steadily at 92 which is actually up a tick from previous outings. So maybe just a bad day?

Guthrie's two battles with Ramirez pretty clearly show how much he's struggling. Ramirez is terrible right now and he's standing in the front of the box. Guthrie put a couple fastballs by him and I thought he could have kept throwing them right by him. But couldn't put them all over and kept going back to the slider. He eventually did get him to pop up the second time but only after Ramirez fouled off a bunch.

His fastball is sitting up.

Nice play by the Huffmeister. He's looking better and better at 1B
He really has looked pretty decent.

Just shows you how irrelevant defense at 1B really is. Not that you can be terrible and be ok, but just that there really isn't very much difference between being decently above average and decently below average defensively at 1B. The guys that are really at the top or bottom can make a difference, but other than that, they are all just about the same.

Archived