Orioles vs. White Sox 4/22/09 Game 2

weams

Sarfate hasn't looked very good. Where's his velocity, BTW? He's been sitting at 91-93 in most games this year.

His movement is gone also. He had a tailing action last year that he doesn't have now.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Crap. Can I change my opinion now? :D

Sometimes I wonder if people really feel that way when they get backed up by folks like OldFan. It cracks me up actually. It is sort of like a bizarro endorsement. I sort of imagine the original poster going "crap, why'd you have to do that". I know. I'm awful.

BTW, Nick is nasty right now. What a play by Dye.

I thought about this earlier today when OldFan agreed with JTrea.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I agree Hays is fine to spell Mullins while he figures out how to swing a bat again. I also agree that Hays is disproportionately affected by the wall. If he wasn’t so perpetually dinged up, increasingly expensive and average, he would be an excellent trade candidate.  
    • Rubenstein came down the aisle for our section last night during the game tossing out dozens of hats and talking to the fans as he went. Awesome to have an owner that truly loves this team and enjoys being part of the crowd.
    • I  agree that when he swings at strikes, isn’t in perpetual pull mode, and isn’t trying to hit the ball 450 feet, he’s pretty good.   
    • He can spell Mullins too. Really nice addition if he can get back to playing like Hayes again.Now, if only we can Mullins going.
    • I think everyone agrees when he’s healthy, he’s pretty good.  But that doesn’t mean he should be starting over Cowser. Maybe against lefties but he’s never been lefty assassin.
    • New Rubenstein updates in the Sun this morning: Rubenstein’s group will soon own 97% of the Orioles.  The prior minority had tag-along rights and almost all have decided to sell (not surprising as change in control is only time you get true market value). It’s not known which minority owners decided to hold on to their shares. Rubenstein reiterated that Elias is the best GM in baseball. Unlike John Angelos, Rubenstein won’t serve as the everyday CEO on the business side.  They are actively recruiting for the role and have retained a search firm. Stadium upgrades could include a modern scoreboard, more premium seating near the field, additional restaurants, and an improved clubhouse. Rubenstein frequently signs autographs with the date and people tell him to stop being such a lawyer.
  • Popular Contributors