Orioles vs Rangers 4/24

Oriolesfan1988

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Before I leave I will say- we stranded too many runs early on. Too many chances to add to lead. Seems ironic though- that on a night where Sherrill looked impressive to me for the most part- he blows it.

Oh well- let's write the script to a new Orioles commercial right here...

You can't pump fastballs to right handed hitters with your fastball is 88-90mph.

That's a poor showing and really, bad decision making by Sherrill and Zaun. You just can't throw 8 straight fastballs to Ian Kinsler and Michael Young and expect good results.

Why waste Ray for a third of an inning? Why not bring him back out to start the 8th instead of bring in Johnson? They are basically the same pitcher used for the same roll. Bring Ray out to retire the 8th and if all goes well Sherrill pitches the 9th without having to come out for the 8th.

You're asking for Ray to do the same thing Sherrill was asked to do. What's the difference?

Why waste Ray for a third of an inning? Why not bring him back out to start the 8th instead of bring in Johnson? They are basically the same pitcher used for the same roll. Bring Ray out to retire the 8th and if all goes well Sherrill pitches the 9th without having to come out for the 8th.

As I said earlier if Sherrill is pitching in the role he should be he faces Hamilton and Blalock in the 8th. Ray is ready to go for the 9th and Kinsler and Young most likely don't see another AB. Having the 8th go that far into the lineup assured they turn the lineup over for Kinsler and Young vs Sherrill which is exactly what you dont want.

Archived