Pie headed to the minors?

Jdan14

I just came across a link on ESPN that is titled 'Pie Headed to the Minors?' except the article/blog is an insider which I do not have. With the injury to Scott, I assume the Orioles will bring up Oscar instead of Reimold, but since they seem to have put Pie on pause for a little bit. He clearly isn't getting all the starts he has recently. Is there a Noland on his way? I am all for Pie getting the full half year to a year to show what he's got but with Reimold playing so well I don't care if Pie gets optioned soon either. What is everyone's prediction for the up coming roster move?

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just came across a link on ESPN that is titled 'Pie Headed to the Minors?' except the article/blog is an insider which I do not have. With the injury to Scott, I assume the Orioles will bring up Oscar instead of Reimold, but since they seem to have put Pie on pause for a little bit. He clearly isn't getting all the starts he has recently. Is there a Noland on his way? I am all for Pie getting the full half year to a year to show what he's got but with Reimold playing so well I don't care if Pie gets optioned soon either. What is everyone's prediction for the up coming roster move?

Pie is out of options, so if they tried to send him to the minors he would have to pass through waivers.

Pie is out of options, so if they tried to send him to the minors he would have to pass through waivers.

Exactly why he will get more of a chance to get his swing going. I think they won't risk losing him since they committed to giving him a chance. By the end of June I want to see Wieters and Reimold in the Orioles starting lineup day in and day out.

By the way, I realize there are a million threads discussing the same topic, sorry.

Heres what it says about Pie...

Felix Pie may me in his final days with the Orioles.

The Chicago Tribune reported that the Orioles may try to sneak Pie through waivers in order to send him to Triple-A. The outfielder is hitting just .158 in 24 games.

Not sure how true it is though.

Exactly why he will get more of a chance to get his swing going. I think they won't risk losing him since they committed to giving him a chance. By the end of June I want to see Wieters and Reimold in the Orioles starting lineup day in and day out.

By the way, I realize there are a million threads discussing the same topic, sorry.

Why do you think it will be Oscar over Nolan?????

Heres what it says about Pie...

Not sure how true it is though.

Can someone hook a brother up with a link? Thanks! ;)

I did :D but for your convenience I'll do it again.

Felix Pie may me in his final days with the Orioles.

The Chicago Tribune reported that the Orioles may try to sneak Pie through waivers in order to send him to Triple-A. The outfielder is hitting just .158 in 24 games.

Here is the link:

http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/features/rumors?&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fmlb%2ffeatures%2frumors

And I say it's going to be Oscar because they want Reimold to start in LF every day and with Luke being the one going to the DL Oscar fills the need for a DH type player more so then Reimold. Reimold is going to get his chance I guess only when Pie/Lou lose theirs. I just thought it would be interesting to see Reimold in LF with Lou platooning and Pie optioned with the risk of losing him. I assume a team would take a chance on Pie although there is always the chance no one does.

Let someone take him away from us - we don't have much need for him anyways. He's just taking away valuable time from our young prospects.

LOL...Really? Like who?

Reimold and Pie can be on the same team...What other young prospects is he taking time away from?

Hell, he basically is a young prospect!

How they can "sneak" him through waivers is beyond me.

The question is does anyone bite on a .158 hitter? I would lean towards "no" but I doubt AM takes the chance. He protects his assets pretty well.

Archived