Pie headed to the minors?

Jdan14

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's had his chances with two organizations now. Pie even today getting a few hits didn't look that great to me. He looks very confused at the plate so I don't see him hitting much over .200 if he continues to play for us. That just won't cut it.

Montanez and Reimold are the young prospects here.

The question is does anyone bite on a .158 hitter? I would lean towards "no" but I doubt AM takes the chance. He protects his assets pretty well.

He is hitting 183 after today. Of course, that's not good but his approach and his LD% and BABIP say he should be hitting higher.

Pie is walking every 9.5 plate appearances...Same as BRob...Almost the same as Scott and better than Jones.

He's had his chances with two organizations now. Pie even today getting a few hits didn't look that great to me. He looks very confused at the plate so I don't see him hitting much over .200 if he continues to play for us. That just won't cut it.

Really? How many at bats does he have here? Have you ever seen the comparisons to Brady Anderson's early years?

Giving up on Pie now would be a mistake, and I have no doubt he'd be claimed on waivers.

Calling Montanez a young prospect is just flat out wrong on every level.

And I am willing to bet that you have no idea what type of real shot Pie has ever gotten.

And saying he looks confused at the plate is just absurd...I think you are watching different game and player if you feel that way.

This is why it's hard to say. Pie probably won't just be given up on. He shows flashes, although personally I don't think he has it. My feeling is Reimold is 25. He needs to get his chance soon. There are basically 4 players for LF. Can we trade one or two fo them for anything? Maybe a reliever?

I've got a question...how can the O's "sneak" him through waivers? Thats not like trying to slide a cheeseburger past a fat kid, right?

What are they gonna do, just put him on waivers and hope that GM's aren't paying attention?

It ain't gonna happen, Moose. I wish they would just give the kid 50 straight games to see what he can do. We are NOT winning anything this year...we need to see if Pie is going to stick.

Montanez could now be the full-time DH/4th outfielder.

He is hitting 183 after today. Of course, that's not good but his approach and his LD% and BABIP say he should be hitting higher.

Pie is walking every 9.5 plate appearances...Same as BRob...Almost the same as Scott and better than Jones.

Like I said, AM protects his assets pretty well. Witness Freel to the phantom DL, Hill as well. My opinion of whether Pie gets picked up or not is meaningless. I almost assume Andy won't even take the chance.

I've got a question...how can the O's "sneak" him through waivers? Thats not like trying to slide a cheeseburger past a fat kid, right?

What are they gonna do, just put him on waivers and hope that GM's aren't paying attention?

I already asked that, but without the witty cheeseburger crack. :D

Even if the BABIP is bumped to the .300 to .333 range he's still only looking at a BA of right around .250 and an OPS in the 650 to 700 range (all stats not counting today).

As someone else on here would write...

just saying.

A .250 average is enough for him to get his chance. More then enough. Pie deserves his chance but so does Reimold. I feel as though they should be in reversed roles in a perfect world. Reimold seems like he is major league ready while Pie should be in AAA working on his approach. I only say this because of how Reimold is dominating and his age, knowing fully well Pie has put up good numbers in AAA.

Even if the BABIP is bumped to the .300 to .333 range he's still only looking at a BA of right around .250 and an OPS in the 650 to 700 range (all stats not counting today).

As someone else on here would write...

just saying.

And those stats, while not great, would be good building blocks, especially with his defense...He would still be playing everyday as well.

Archived