BA ranks the top C, 1B, and 3B in the 2009 Draft

I do not know if you have heard of this high schooler named Luke Bailey (C, Troup County High School GA) but he has a committment to Auburn right now but could turn proffessional if offered enough money. I have no idea what his asking price is and I can't imagine much because he is going to get tommy john surgery on his elbow.

But he has had a good year this year as he batted .569 but only had 6 home runs compared to his 13 he had his junior year. But what really makes his stock great is

http://highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=953690

Sounds like he has a really good feel for catching, I know we already have a superstar catcher and a solid catcher in the minors. But is Bailey a type of guy we might want to take a late round flier on?

I am just bringing up an idea, I do not know what his projections are. I am not saying we give him whatever money he wants, but I wouldn't mind taking a late round flyer on him. Anyone else heard anything?

He was one of the top prospects, most likely a mid-first rounder before the injury. Since he has that scholarship locked in, he might be better suited geting the surgery, going to school and then re-entering the draft in a couple years. He's going to drop too much because of the injury to take the lesser payday I think though.

Archived